Trump's Proposed Mortgage Ban for Undocumented Immigrants Sparks Debate

Social Media

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As in Government deciding who private businesses can lend money to.

Sounds a lot like centralized government authoritarianism to me.

Should gun shops be able to sell guns to anyone they like? 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Surely it's easy enough to check if an applicant has citizenship before granting loans. Every citizen will have a birth certificate at least.

If illegals are scamming the system, fix the system.

As i said this loan program was set up to handle citizen that don't have all the normal documents. It was not designed for illegal immigrants so people making that claim need to do a little more research. But as this program assists those without complete documentation it could be "played" the same as people play the imm system here. There's no evidence that there is large scale scamming by illegal immigrants as only 6K or less loans were granted last year. So people (conservatives) need to stop exaggerating the purpose of the loan program or who is using it for their own political agenda. 

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I assume you are calling them criminals due to their illegal immigration status? A rather narrow minded and simplistic view. There are dozens of reasons why people emigrate, and many illegals contribute to the US economy in a very positive manner. 

Substantial research has assessed the relationship between immigration and crime. Numerous studies show that immigration is not linked to higher levels of crime, but rather the opposite. Studies have also examined the impact of the concentration of immigrants in a community on crime patterns, finding that immigration is associated with lower crime rates and an increase in structural factors — such as social connection and economic opportunity — that are linked to neighborhood safety.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/debunking-myth-migrant-crime-wave?gad_source=1&ms=gad_illegal immigrant crime_700983500566_8628877148_163578260112

So do you support allowing illegal immigrants into the country?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

As i said this loan program was set up to handle citizen that don't have all the normal documents. It was not designed for illegal immigrants so people making that claim need to do a little more research. But as this program assists those without complete documentation it could be "played" the same as people play the imm system here. There's no evidence that there is large scale scamming by illegal immigrants as only 6K or less loans were granted last year. So people (conservatives) need to stop exaggerating the purpose of the loan program or who is using it for their own political agenda. 

Why would an American citizen not have a social security number?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So do you support allowing illegal immigrants into the country?

Corporations have demanded illegal immigrants for decades now. They need the labor, and the system does not allow enough legal immigrant labor. Without illegal immigrants, the US economy would shut down over night. Pretending otherwise, is just disingenuous and a political meme. This discourse has been dumbed down, and weaponized by the right. 

Americans generally agree that immigrants – whether undocumented or living legally in the country – mostly do not work in jobs that U.S. citizens want, with a majority saying so across racial and ethnic groups and among both political parties. This is particularly true when it comes to undocumented immigrants. About three-quarters of adults (77%) say undocumented immigrants mostly fill jobs U.S. citizens do not want, while 21% say undocumented immigrants fill jobs U.S. citizens would like to have, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted April 29 to May 5.

Differences also exist by educational attainment. Large shares of U.S. adults with a postgraduate degree (88%) and those with a bachelor’s degree (84%) say undocumented immigrants mostly fill jobs U.S. citizens do not want, compared with 78% of those with some college experience and 69% of those with a high school diploma or less.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/06/10/a-majority-of-americans-say-immigrants-mostly-fill-jobs-u-s-citizens-do-not-want/

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Americans generally agree that immigrants – whether undocumented or living legally in the country – mostly do not work in jobs that U.S. citizens want, with a majority saying so across racial and ethnic groups and among both political parties. This is particularly true when it comes to undocumented immigrants. About three-quarters of adults (77%) say undocumented immigrants mostly fill jobs U.S. citizens do not want, while 21% say undocumented immigrants fill jobs U.S. citizens would like to have, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted April 29 to May 5.

and the reason that citizens don't want to do them is....................because they don't pay enough to live on properly, but apparently in the land of the free and the home of the brave it's OK to exploit people that can't strike or complain officially. What a great country!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Corporations have demanded illegal immigrants for decades now. They need the labor, and the system does not allow enough legal immigrant labor. Without illegal immigrants, the US economy would shut down over night. Pretending otherwise, is just disingenuous and a political meme. This discourse has been dumbed down, and weaponized by the right. 

Differences also exist by educational attainment. Large shares of U.S. adults with a postgraduate degree (88%) and those with a bachelor’s degree (84%) say undocumented immigrants mostly fill jobs U.S. citizens do not want, compared with 78% of those with some college experience and 69% of those with a high school diploma or less.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/06/10/a-majority-of-americans-say-immigrants-mostly-fill-jobs-u-s-citizens-do-not-want/

So that's a yes, that you do support allowing illegal immigrants into the county? 

If your family was hungry, what job would you not do? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and the reason that citizens don't want to do them is....................because they don't pay enough to live on properly, but apparently in the land of the free and the home of the brave it's OK to exploit people that can't strike or complain officially. What a great country!

Illegal immigration benefits the rich and hurts the poor. 

That's why the left supports it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The border wall was a talking point for Trump, but a huge boondoggle for the American people. It was another of his giant scams, to enrich Trump's friends and those who supported his campaign. 

One contract obtained by a Montana company shows how the awards can grow to several times their original size. In May 2019, BFBC LLC, a subsidiary of Barnard Construction, won a $142 million contract just a few days after it learned it was one of 12 construction firms selected by the Corps.

Then, in April, a week after Democratic members of Congress urged border wall funds be redirected to the then-exploding coronavirus pandemic, BFBC received its biggest contract modification to date: $569 million for 17 additional miles in San Diego and El Centro — or $33 million per mile. A Corps spokesperson told the Daily Beast it awarded the half-billion-dollar contract add-on without competitive bidding because the firm was already “mobilized and working in close proximity.”

Congressional Democrats called on the GAO to investigate what Sen. Jack Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat, called a “no-bid contract to an apparently politically connected, private contractor” as part of the federal watchdog’s broader review of Corps contracts. Campaign finance reports show BFBC’s owner is a longtime GOP donor who has given nearly $200,000 since 2017 to Republican causes and candidates, including to those in his home state of Montana as well as Texas and Arizona. Company officials could not be reached for comment.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27/border-wall-texas-cost-rising-trump/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So that's a yes, that you do support allowing illegal immigrants into the county? 

If your family was hungry, what job would you not do? 

Every job the illegals do. Every one. Dishwashing, lawn work, house moving, menial construction work, and any other minimum wage work. 

I know few Americans willing to do that kind of work. 

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Every job the illegals do. Every one. Dishwashing, lawn work, house moving, menial construction work, and any other minimum wage work. 

I just about spit in my coffee when NYC mayor Adams revealed that the city needed $12 billion to support 110,000 migrants for 3 years.  That's about $36K a head, per year.  So corporate donors can save a few bucks on cheap labor...

Sometimes, they say the quiet part out loud.  It's a transfer of wealth.  From the taxpayers to the corporate donor class.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I just about spit in my coffee when NYC mayor Adams revealed that the city needed $12 billion to support 110,000 migrants for 3 years.  That's about $36K a head, per year.  So corporate donors can save a few bucks on cheap labor...

Sometimes, they say the quiet part out loud.  It's a transfer of wealth.  From the taxpayers to the corporate donor class.

There is a reason why he is one of the least popular mayors in the country. 

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

NYC mayor Adams revealed that the city needed $12 billion to support 110,000 migrants for 3 years.  That's about $36K a head, per year. 

It would be much cheaper to ship them out and dump them off south of the border and not let them back in.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How many poor Americans do you know? 

Most every American I know has done one or more of those jobs. 

I've washed dishes, done lawn work, worked construction, picked oranges, stacked hay, worked in a laundry, drove truck, done factory work. etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's why I won't pony up for Business Class, at about $50-$100 an hour more than cattle class.  I scooped dog poop from Mrs Junker's back yard for less than $1 an hour back in the day.  No way I'm spending 50-100x that on a marginally more comfy seat and a cloth napkin that I don't even get to keep.

But, I digress...

I always ask myself this...  Would an American do that job for $100 an hour?  If yes, you don't have a labor shortage, you have a wage shortage.  Exacerbated by illegal immigration.

And apparently (per the left) we have all these price-gouging corporations, while at the same time (also per the left) we have to import cheap labor for them. 

• Like 1

As I understand it, the ~50% of the county that voted for Biden represents ~70% of the wealth in the US, while the ~50% that voted for Trump represents the remining ~30%. 

The rich love them some illegal aliens. The poor? Not so much. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As in Government deciding who private businesses can lend money to.

Sounds a lot like centralized government authoritarianism to me.

Except that, through federally insured deposits, the taxpayers are on the hook if the banks fail, like they did last time the banksters made home loans to people who had a high probability of defaulting.  Like the 85% of illegal asylum seekers who historically lose their cases and may have to leave the country. 

The banksters made their commissions on the so called "Liar Loans", and for years.

Edit:  And I would add that the FDIC and FSLIC (and others) didn't sell the foreclosed properties to the peons to allow them to buy a distressed home on the cheap.  They bundled them into multimillion dollar packages so only their corporate donors could afford to buy them, and mark them up to sell to the peons.  More corporate welfare.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Except that, through federally insured deposits, the taxpayers are on the hook if the banks fail, like they did last time the banksters made home loans to people who had a high probability of defaulting.  Like the 85% of illegal asylum seekers who historically lose their cases and may have to leave the country. 

The banksters made their commissions on the so called "Liar Loans", and for years.

And the claim:

"As in Government deciding who private businesses can lend money to.

Sounds a lot like centralized government authoritarianism to me."

Is pretty rich coming from a leftist, given the left is for the government telling private businesses (and citizens) what they can and can't do. 

57 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And the claim:

"As in Government deciding who private businesses can lend money to.

Sounds a lot like centralized government authoritarianism to me."

Is pretty rich coming from a leftist, given the left is for the government telling private businesses (and citizens) what they can and can't do. 

You perhaps have examples of me doing just that.

But then again you probably don’t.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

As I understand it, the ~50% of the county that voted for Biden represents ~70% of the wealth in the US, while the ~50% that voted for Trump represents the remining ~30%. 

The rich love them some illegal aliens. The poor? Not so much. 

Links would be good.

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Why would an American citizen not have a social security number?

Not sure of the process currently but in the past you had to apply for a SS number and provide a birth certficate. Im sure there are still some very rural areas where for whatever reason its not applied for. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Its the same in almost every country, including thailand so its not exclusive to the USA. Pick a country and check and youll find some other minority of immigrants or society being exploited,

23 hours ago, simple1 said:

Red meat for MAGA. From the OP...

Undocumented immigrants in the U.S. can legally obtain mortgages through special loans designed for taxpayers without Social Security numbers. These loans, while legal, are not widespread. Researchers at the Urban Institute estimate that only 5,000 to 6,000 such mortgages were issued last year. In contrast, over 3.4 million mortgages were granted to all homebuyers in 2023, according to federal data.

That only affects 0.0016747 Mortgages granted.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, john donson said:

they might get tax payer help for securing the loan, i think i read up to 135.000 $

So in reality you have no idea of the figures. Why did you bother to post nothing?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Wake Up1 said:

I have hired many Mexican illegal immigrants and they are the best workers.

So you've knowingly violated multiple laws. Did you withhold part of their pay for taxes? Did you file a W-2 for each employee? It is a violation of federal to law to knowingly, shield, harbor or conceal an illegal alien, which includes shelter, food, or finances. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

Not sure of the process currently but in the past you had to apply for a SS number and provide a birth certficate. Im sure there are still some very rural areas where for whatever reason its not applied for. 

Which anyone that ever had a job or paid taxes would have to have done, yes? 

Would it not make more sense for them to get a SS number rather than having a special loan program to accommodate them? 

I think you are making it up. 

• Like 1