Bangkok honors unsung heroes, ensuring city stays orderly

webfact

image.jpeg
Chadchart expressed his personal connection to these workers, stating, “I’ve grown close to our sanitation and park personnel, especially during my early morning runs at 4 or 5 AM.

By Pattaya Mail

BANGKOK, Thailand – Governor Chadchart Sittipunt presided over a ceremony recognizing outstanding sanitation and park personnel for 2024, held on September 5 at the Irawat Pattana Building, Din Daeng. The event, organized by the Bangkok Environment Department, aimed to honor those with exceptional performance in maintaining cleanliness and public parks, while encouraging morale and maximizing the potential of Bangkok’s workforce in these crucial sectors.

Governor Chadchart expressed his personal connection to these workers, stating, “I’ve grown close to our sanitation and park personnel, especially during my early morning runs at 4 or 5 AM. These individuals are like unsung heroes, ensuring our city stays orderly. Without them, Bangkok would not be as beautiful or clean. I want to thank them for their dedication, and I wish them continued success in their careers, good health, and for them to be role models for their colleagues.”

The program recognizes personnel in four categories: waste collection, street sweeping, park maintenance, and other services, including waste management, public restrooms, water services, road cleaning, and overpass maintenance. This year, 40 awards were presented to outstanding personnel across these categories.

Full story: PATTAYA MAIL 

-- 2024-09-07

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chadchart expressed his personal connection to these workers, stating, “I’ve grown close to our sanitation and park personnel, especially during my early morning runs at 4 or 5 AM.

My early morning runs are usually after my first coffee............:hit-the-fan:

But yes they deserve recognition, especially those ladies I see sweeping the the streets under the hot sun. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Great! Yes, this is really people to recognize, that almost nobody look at or appreciate in normal life. Happy to see they were recognized. Now, how about giving them a raise?

Wash your mouth out... 

• Haha 1