British Man in Pattaya Crashes Motorcycle into Sidecar, Driver Severely Injured

webfact

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:
11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What on earth is a "typical British name" these days?

Mike or Michael.  I'm typical and British.

And many from a different generation liked some European versions of "traditional" British names.

My mate's neighbor in east Lancashire is called Abdul, he's more "typical British" than my mate.

My youngest is called Andrej, but he's still "typical Scottish".

On 9/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, as you're a self-confessed drunk driver, why not minimise the drunk-driving part as though that is not a problem but blame the other factors!  

Because if he had of be riding at a sensible speed this accident never would have happened.

Speed kills.

• Confused 1

On 9/9/2024 at 9:52 AM, Kinok Farang said:

Called our last child Mohammed here in the UK.

Didn't want him to feel left out when he eventually started school.

That's the name I gave to my dog.

Nice dog, I love him so much.

On 9/9/2024 at 4:19 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

So do you see any lights on the Briton's motorbike?  Perhaps the collision damage is a reason the now stationary bike/sidecar's lights may not be on.  Did any of the witnesses quoted in the article report that it was unlit? Perhaps the rescuers cut the bike's battery power for safety reasons? Couldn't possibly be the fault of the stoned, drunk, speeding motorcyclist, could it?

Perhaps Perhaps maybe Lou the impact ejected the battery from its holder tearing off the terminal cables just perhaps.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
On 9/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, as you're a self-confessed drunk driver, why not minimise the drunk-driving part as though that is not a problem but blame the other factors!  

Because if he had of be riding at a sensible speed this accident never would have happened.

Speed kills.

Well, if you want to play with those rules, it could also be said, then, that if he hadn't have been drinking and smoking weed the accident never would have happened!   Many people speed and are never killed!

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, if you want to play with those rules, it could also be said, then, that if he hadn't have been drinking and smoking weed the accident never would have happened!   Many people speed and are never killed!

No I think it was the speed that caused the severity of the injuries, it would not have made the slightest difference whether he was drunk or not to the severity of injuries. 

The alcohol probably played a part in his judgement and reflexes which is why if you are going to have a drink and drive it is important to drive safely and responsibly as I am sure you will agree.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, rumeaug said:

"According to the Thai woman who was riding on the motorcycle, she and Mr. Mikel had been out drinking and were on their way back to their accommodation. She stated to authorities that the foreigner had allegedly smoked cannabis and was speeding before the accident occurred."....Don't get fooled and never expect much support from a bar girl, she's only in it for the money and doesn't actually give a damn rat's rear-end about you. if she can get compensation from that accident, she'll go for it

She deserves it riding with that moron. Who gets on a motorbike stoned and drunk at 4.30 am ?

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

if you are going to have a drink and drive it is important to drive safely and responsibly as I am sure you will agree.

Slight contradiction  there. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Henryford said:

She deserves it riding with that moron. Who gets on a motorbike stoned and drunk at 4.30 am ?

I would guess a Lady of the Night.

she gave him up for smoking the weed.

They are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

On 9/9/2024 at 5:56 AM, NE1 said:

" According to the Thai woman who was riding on the motorcycle, she and Mr. Mikel had been out drinking and were on their way back to their accommodation. She stated to authorities that the foreigner had allegedly smoked cannabis and was speeding before the accident occurred ".

More proof that cannabis is a dangerous drug and only idiots partake of its stupidity. Stupid is as stupid does.

• Thumbs Up 1