Is the Tax compliance going to be linked to Visa issuance ?

1 minute ago, retarius said:

I can't see it. I don't think immigration has the staff. If I were in charge I would require a TIN filing for visas, unless you can prove you were in the country less than 180 days. 

The Thai government has plenty of computers and people that know how to use them. But yes, your second consecutive TM47 should trigger an automatic TIN request.

2 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The Thai government has plenty of computers and people that know how to use them. But yes, your second consecutive TM47 should trigger an automatic TIN request.

that (TM47) won't work, because someone can leave before reaching 90 days and reentry thailand again ...

however, if the TRD do start strictly enforce the tax lawn on foreigners, they will not let you fool them ...

Edited by motdaeng
spelling

4 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

that (TM47) won't work, because smoeone can leave before reaching 90 days and reentry thailand again ...

however, if the TRD do start strictly enforce the tax lawn on foreigners, they will not let you fool them ...

True, but that would not eliminate the need to file.

On 9/16/2024 at 4:45 AM, cjinchiangrai said:

And if you are over 180, pay up.

Yes.  "Something" will need to be paid. 

What we don't know, is how they will be calculating, how they will be collecting, how much will need to be paid, and the punishment for non compliance.  More will be revealed early 2025. 

What we do know for 100% is, if you are inside Thailand for less than 180 days per calendar year, this policy does not apply to you, and you have ZERO tax liability as you are a non resident of Thailand for tax purposes.  For some, they may not only give them peace of mind, but also be financially beneficial.  

On 9/15/2024 at 11:26 PM, chiang mai said:

Has this thread been rebadged and now know as the Heineken thread? Jeeze dude!!!

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

YOU are the most prolific poster on ALL of these tax threads. 

Even on this thread you are leading with 16 posts?  You are in the Top 4 posters in the majority of the tax threads. 

Talk about hypocritical. 

Jeeze dude, if you are going to make an allegation, at least check your facts first, then again, I've found most of your posts to be just as inaccurate.    :cheesy:

Edited by KhunHeineken
  • Love It 1

43 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Yes.  "Something" will need to be paid. 

What we don't know, is how they will be calculating, how they will be collecting, how much will need to be paid, and the punishment for non compliance.  More will be revealed early 2025. 

What we do know for 100% is, if you are inside Thailand for less than 180 days per calendar year, this policy does not apply to you, and you have ZERO tax liability as you are a non resident of Thailand for tax purposes.  For some, they may not only give them peace of mind, but also be financially beneficial.  

Agreed. but those people are not here. The people who have the problem are the ones paying no taxes anywhere. Sorry, time to chip in.