The debate thread.

Cryingdick

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Not really. They gave Trump a lot more time to talk, and he was so bad, he killed his campaign talking about Haitians eating cats in Springfield, and admitting he still doesn't have a healthcare plan.

So we agree the moderator’s were not fair. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/11/2024 at 9:54 AM, simple1 said:

Do American citizens believe the government has much influence of their day to day lives?

I hope that was rhetorical....

Government has a huge impact on day to day lives of the middle class and below.  Do I really need to list the areas of their lives that are highly impacted by governmental policy?

Why don't you put together a list of the areas where governmental policy has little or no impact on the lives of middle class Americans?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I said Trump made a mistake with his Haitians eating pets story.

Do you disagree?

I agree that you said Trump made a mistake, and I agree with you that the moderators were biased. 

But why do you insist on lying about what I say? I don’t lie about what you say. 

On 9/11/2024 at 9:13 PM, maesariang said:

Nobody after the debate can name one policy of Harris in any detail. It was a flop.

Irelevant.

Voter motivations are very vague at times.

"Policy shmallicy. I get a warm fuzzy feeling from candidate x".

No one (no one knowledgeable) expected the debate to change the minds of the candidates supporters or even change the minds of anyone who follows politics.

It's the undecided low info voters who can be swayed.

They will decide the election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-poll-shows-harris-surging-in-state-thought-to-be-safe-for-trump/ar-AA1qCtZ4?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3c252df84b3b4fef837e25da57c482d2&ei=16

The poll represents a shocking reversal from where Trump stood in the state in spring, when the Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll showed Trump leading President Biden by 18 points in Iowa, 50% to 32%.

"I wouldn’t say 4 points is comfortable" for Trump, pollster J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., told the Des Moines Register in reaction to the poll, the first Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll to be released since Harris became the Democratic nominee. "The race has tightened significantly."

• Like 1