Tourist confronts teen pickpocket in Bangkok’s Sukhumvit Soi 11 - video

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

I saw the exact same scenario in Rome 40 years ago .The American was twisting a kid's hand

demanding the return of his wallet .The crowd who mostly did not understand were getting ready to beat this guy to a pulp.... until a wallet was thrown on the ground.  Nobody asked the American where he got his money from but he did get it back. 

There are millions of Black Frenchmen!  Racist much?

42 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Same old mindless Trolls hoping for a reaction...

I don't even bother to read their puerile nonsense.

Why do you keep replying to them all then?

You seem to be the one picking multiple fights

Edited by sungod
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, H1w4yR1da said:

Right. Because Africans on lower Sukhumvit have such a great reputation.

Why do gooders will be the undoing of the Western world already Done already so would you talk down at the Thai cops for rounding up the blacks in Bangkok for racism or do they simply use logic that they are here for a suntan and enjoying themselves spending money on their holidays. Ohh they have loads of drugs in their apartment go figure geniuses...   just get it done boys

1 hour ago, sherlockh said:

I agree with you, no mention as to whether or not he got his money back, also i see no proof that this youth picked a pocket in the first place. A good pick pocketer would have been long gone!

I see no mention that he is good or not but the fact he got caught is an indication he's not that good isn't it but this opens the topic to a wider discussion you know what they say a thief knows a thief and so on so on just speculating here I mean if it was a drunk fat white guy he probably would not have even noticed it would have been a better mark for the nimble fingered lad

On holiday i was walking between Soi 11 and Soi 15 when someone shouted "nice watch". There were 3 black guys sitting on a wall. I kept walking, thinking how nice and friendly of these guys to say that. (It was a nice looking but not expensive watch)

Since then i have never wore that watch again in BKK, and i am very wary when i see groups of black guys when walking in that area.

On 9/12/2024 at 2:56 AM, Baba Naba said:

There are millions of Black Frenchmen!  Racist much?

@Baba Naba  ,Get a better pair of glasses and read my posts  again or have someone else  read them to you .    You are confusing my use of the words  "American" and   "African" with race instead of nationality ....... Also , who said anything about Frenchmen ?,   Black, White or otherwise .

All American tourists are not white and  all African tourists are not Black but all tourists everywhere should be given the same rights and protections.

The  original story is about a Tourist in Thailand who had his money  stolen and was willing to use force to get it back. 

The story I posted was about an American Tourist in ROME Italy 40 years ago  who had his  wallet stolen and got it back by using force.

Bottom line is that both tourists have the same right to recover their stolen possessions in my opinion . Some posts seemed to belittle the Tourist in Thailand by questioning  (without any proof)  where he got his money from to begin with .

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2024 at 7:11 PM, sungod said:

All the black fellas in that area walk up to you and ask you if you want to buy any drugs. So, on the law of averages......

I lived in Thailand for 10 years. It's those in the dominant society creating meth labs in the villages and distributing it, high as hell falling over on the sidewalks and passing out in the clubs. Do you really want to go there???

On 9/14/2024 at 4:19 PM, Seth1a2a said:

@Baba Naba  ,Get a better pair of glasses and read my posts  again or have someone else  read them to you .    You are confusing my use of the words  "American" and   "African" with race instead of nationality ....... Also , who said anything about Frenchmen ?,   Black, White or otherwise .

All American tourists are not white and  all African tourists are not Black but all tourists everywhere should be given the same rights and protections.

The  original story is about a Tourist in Thailand who had his money  stolen and was willing to use force to get it back. 

The story I posted was about an American Tourist in ROME Italy 40 years ago  who had his  wallet stolen and got it back by using force.

Bottom line is that both tourists have the same right to recover their stolen possessions in my opinion . Some posts seemed to belittle the Tourist in Thailand by questioning  (without any proof)  where he got his money from to begin with .

WOW! Nice moves! Where did you learn how to tap dance like that counselor? Yale Law School?

On 9/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, H1w4yR1da said:

Right. Because Africans on lower Sukhumvit have such a great reputation.

Where does it say he is African? He had £s so probably British. Or American , or from the UAE , anywhere. I read tourist . Your comment is just racist, you’re black you’re a dealer on Sukhumvit, educate yourself.,

On 9/11/2024 at 5:17 PM, snoop1130 said:

it also raises questions about the appropriate response to such incidents and the role of bystanders

No, it doesn't.  The man got angry and demanded his money back, as you would expect, and another person attempted to defuse the situation asking the thief to give the money back.

The only questions it raises are about the entitlement that some Thais feel to the money of foreigners.