Foreign pickup driver flees after crashing into Thai woman in Phuket

snoop1130

When in Thailand, do as the Thais do.😉

This farang has learned by example.

Still wrong and should not have left the scene, unless he has something else to hide of course!

If not, roll up to the cop shop with a cheesy smile and a wai ( and a few baht ). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I had an accident once (whilst riding a bike) would probably go as far to say I caused it, but the other bike wasn’t paying attention to the road, it’s probably something that happens to you a hundred times a day and you just avoid it, but this woman dropped her bike.

The police were on the scene within seconds, I put my hands up and said, I will make things right - the woman’s family turned up and started needlessly shouting and pointing and getting in my face, the police did nothing but to try and extort cash from me on behalf of the woman, three ambulances showed up for a tiny cut. Things got so out of control and I worried for my safety. After the experience I made a decision that should anything happen like this in the future, I perhaps wouldn’t  behave like I would in the UK, that I wouldn't immediately stop and admit liability but would possibly assess the situation and maybe flee. I’m not trying to be the guy that says “I wouldn’t stop at an accident” but the whole thing was a mess, it really demonstrated how things can go wrong here within a short time. 

Mmm... Well in the UK All insurance policies state in their T&Cs; To never admit liability, as they may decide to fight the case in court... If no one is injured you exchange details, thats it. If anyone is injured then Police should be called  & again you do not accept liability. In Los if small/little damage, just pay & go as if Police get involved it will probably cost you more

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Thailand, populated by many foreign-hating racists and covering up an inferiority complex over anything foreign, higher or better than .... the holy land! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undoubtfully, there are far more  (violent) Racists in the West than in Thailand.

Look at those hate crimes against Asians soared throughout Europe and North America during the Coronavirus scare a few years ago.

You can easily find photographic evidences on Youtube.

Just click in Hate Crimes Against Asians.

You can see heaps of such documentary footage instantly.

Edited by black tabby12345
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

Stay clear of anyone that isn't a Brit or Aussie 60 years up, nobody else has a clue how to drive on the left side with experience 

Brought a smile. American but my personal experience is my brain has had no problem automatically switching depending on the country. All but Thailand of the 7 countries I have driven in drive on the "right" side of the road (wording used here only to bring a "stork" and laugh). 

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

COVER-PIC-32.png

A Thai woman took to social media in a bid to search for a reckless foreign man who crashed his pickup into her in Phuket and fled the scene.

The Thai victim, whose name remains undisclosed, shared details of the accident with the Phuket Times today, September 12. She stated that the incident occurred a few days ago, but the police were still unable to track down the foreign suspect.

The victim explained that she was riding her motorcycle behind the foreign man’s pickup on Bang Niao Road. She saw the foreign man indicate a left turn and slowly move to the left to change lanes, so she moved ahead into an empty space on the pickup’s right side.

Unexpectedly, the pickup driver veered back to the right and hit the victim’s motorcycle, causing her to fall onto the road. She sustained injuries to her chin, both arms, hands, and feet. The foreign driver initially came over to check on her but did not offer any help and later fled the scene.

The victim stated that the foreigner did not take responsibility for the accident and she has not received any updates from the police.

Many Thai netizens condemned the foreign man, as well as other foreign motorists in Phuket, for their reckless driving and poor behaviour on the roads. Some also criticised the Thai police for focusing more on cases involving foreigners than on those involving Thais.

“I drive every day and encounter foreign motorists with terrible driving skills every day as well. Sorry for being rude but these foreigners even dare to complain to me on the road when they are actually in the wrong.”

“If a Thai person hit a foreigner, they would be hunted down and punished.”

“The pickup didn’t even have a registration plate. Why haven’t the police arrested him? There are many cars in Phuket without registration plates.”

“A lot of awful foreign motorists are in the Rawai area. They ignore red lights and have almost hit me and my son several times. The police should take this matter seriously and arrest these illegal motorists.”

“Some foreigners have never driven a car in their lives and use Phuket’s public roads for training.”

As of now, there has been no update from the relevant police officers regarding the identity of the foreign suspect.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ Phuket Times ภูเก็ตไทม์

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-09-12

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

There are enough bad drivers around including in my home country. Shuy up Thai whiners there is enough lipstick going around that you still cannot hide the pig

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

COVER-PIC-32.png

A Thai woman took to social media in a bid to search for a reckless foreign man who crashed his pickup into her in Phuket and fled the scene.

The Thai victim, whose name remains undisclosed, shared details of the accident with the Phuket Times today, September 12. She stated that the incident occurred a few days ago, but the police were still unable to track down the foreign suspect.

The victim explained that she was riding her motorcycle behind the foreign man’s pickup on Bang Niao Road. She saw the foreign man indicate a left turn and slowly move to the left to change lanes, so she moved ahead into an empty space on the pickup’s right side.

Unexpectedly, the pickup driver veered back to the right and hit the victim’s motorcycle, causing her to fall onto the road. She sustained injuries to her chin, both arms, hands, and feet. The foreign driver initially came over to check on her but did not offer any help and later fled the scene.

The victim stated that the foreigner did not take responsibility for the accident and she has not received any updates from the police.

Many Thai netizens condemned the foreign man, as well as other foreign motorists in Phuket, for their reckless driving and poor behaviour on the roads. Some also criticised the Thai police for focusing more on cases involving foreigners than on those involving Thais.

“I drive every day and encounter foreign motorists with terrible driving skills every day as well. Sorry for being rude but these foreigners even dare to complain to me on the road when they are actually in the wrong.”

“If a Thai person hit a foreigner, they would be hunted down and punished.”

“The pickup didn’t even have a registration plate. Why haven’t the police arrested him? There are many cars in Phuket without registration plates.”

“A lot of awful foreign motorists are in the Rawai area. They ignore red lights and have almost hit me and my son several times. The police should take this matter seriously and arrest these illegal motorists.”

“Some foreigners have never driven a car in their lives and use Phuket’s public roads for training.”

As of now, there has been no update from the relevant police officers regarding the identity of the foreign suspect.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ Phuket Times ภูเก็ตไทม์

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-09-12

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

Sympaty to the lady. But a thai complaining about foreign drivers has got to be a joke. I’ve actually took the thai driving test, you would have to be a complete moron to fail it is a joke. You don’t actually get in a car and drive on the test i could not believe how easy it was. No driving skills required whatsoever. They also gave me a motorcycle licence without taking any test. After leaving and seeing this clown show now i understand why thais are complete idiots on the road. 🤷🏼

• Agree 1

A Thai man moaning about foreigners driving skills? Hilariuos!

Most foreigners have gone through extensive (and expensive)

traffic training schools, learning how to drive. They don`t get a

licence without training AND exams, with a teacher at their side

in the car.

Here they get a licence in 2 hours, and NO need showing how to act

in traffic. What a joke!! I had my licence over 50 years ago, with teacher

at my side in the car, and one would have to read through a theory

book, many questable sheets handed to you in the school.

This thing goes hand in hand with your progress of your driving

practise, and ends with a test sheet and a drive with a supervisor (the

one who grant you your licence). I have been driving as I was instructed,

all my life and NEVER had any issues. And I will NEVER go on to drive

lika a Thai. No Thai can EVER teach me how to drive, PERIOD!!

Cheers! Have a nice day!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, recom273 said:

I had an accident once (whilst riding a bike) would probably go as far to say I caused it, but the other bike wasn’t paying attention to the road, it’s probably something that happens to you a hundred times a day and you just avoid it, but this woman dropped her bike.

The police were on the scene within seconds, I put my hands up and said, I will make things right - the woman’s family turned up and started needlessly shouting and pointing and getting in my face, the police did nothing but to try and extort cash from me on behalf of the woman, three ambulances showed up for a tiny cut. Things got so out of control and I worried for my safety. After the experience I made a decision that should anything happen like this in the future, I perhaps wouldn’t  behave like I would in the UK, that I wouldn't immediately stop and admit liability but would possibly assess the situation and maybe flee. I’m not trying to be the guy that says “I wouldn’t stop at an accident” but the whole thing was a mess, it really demonstrated how things can go wrong here within a short time. 

Heard multiple stories like this from various places and it's exactly why I don't drive in third world countries.  Everything is fine until it isn't. 

7 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Heard multiple stories like this from various places and it's exactly why I don't drive in third world countries.  Everything is fine until it isn't. 

I kind of agree, that everything is fine until it isn't... Though I've been over two decades here, been involved with 3 car accidents, no issues, police were fair, insurance sorted out simply... No big deal. 

I think the 'gouging' occurs when weakness is shown.

On 9/12/2024 at 10:52 AM, snoop1130 said:

Who would have thought. Thailand with just about the worst, most inconsiderate drivers in the World criticising foreign drivers. There is nothing more pitiful that watching a Thai ambulance with blue lights flashing being deliberately being held up by inpatient Thai drivers.

• Agree 1

As a driving instructor in Canada a man that drives when I'm in Chiang Rai province, I can conclude that most drivers from everywhere are terrible drivers when in other countries and some even in their own homeland. Driving on the left side of the road is something I'm not accustomed to but I only drive in the day light hours with my Thai wife by my side. I stick to the speed limit and use my signals always even though I'm the beginning I was always activating the wipers. Many drivers will pass me on hills and curves with double solid lines. My point is as a driving instructor I'm not claiming to be perfect but I've trained many foreigners and the MO is always the same, if they drove in their homeland they need to still do training in Canada (Class1) unless they came from USA. They still drive like they're home. I guarantee to foreigners coming to Thailand are guilty of the same. 

Funny story to end my rant. One day I just got into the office for lunch. A lady walked in asking if we are a driving school of course I said yes and asked her if she was looking to obtain her Class 1 license. She said no, car license (Class 5). I said we only teach truck drivers and said you don't have your car license, as she looked to be late 20's.  She said she and her husband just arrived in Canada from Mexico a few months ago with a Mexican drivers license and that she actually challenged the road test and failed. I asked why? She was told at the end of the road test that she failed because she NEVER used her turn signals. Her response to the examiner was, I didn't think you had to because no one else did. I said Welcome to Brandon.

Drive Safe and Be Well.