Thailand Launches Charming 5 Regions Tour to Revive Tourism Industry

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Today, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) unveiled a groundbreaking initiative to rejuvenate the nation’s tourism sector with its “Charming Thailand: 5 Regions” event series. TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool announced that this campaign aims to spotlight Thailand’s cultural richness and modern attractions, projecting to draw over 147,000 visitors and generate upwards of 800 million baht in revenue.

More drivel

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who are these people, and why do they have so much time on their hands? 

And why don't they know anything about tourism? 

Because it's not what you know but who you know...

As usual in Thailand the least qualified get the top jobs, while fully qualified people who won't pay bribes, don't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For people living in Chiang Mai is it just me or have the number of Farangs increased dramatically in the last 3-5 years? I never used to see tourists or expats ever in the far northern part of the city but now I'm seeing them multiple times on a daily basis.

I don't go into the city anymore but it could be a totally overrun tourist trap is some areas for all I know. Does't feel like the city is under touristed at all.

It seems like every couple of days someone dreams up a new idea to restore/revitalise tourism. 

Have any of their previous hairbrained ideas worked? 

I'd think those coming to Thailand would do their own research or have an idea on what they want to do prior. 

Glossy brochures ain't gonna change that a lot. 

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

groundbreaking initiative to rejuvenate the nation’s tourism sector

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Khon Kaen will highlight regional culture from September 25-29 at Bus Terminal 3,

Having lived near Khon Kaen for several years, there are far better, more attractive and much more central locations than "Bus Terminal 3" which is sited well out of town!!