Toddler Rescued from Locked Car in Chon Buri After Heart-stopping Incident

snoop1130

HqQQ8vvchNJZztcs7UteWbQ7u4KwzIPTII5fcmc5.png

On Wednesday, panic erupted at Rin Thong Kindergarten in Chon Buri when a two-year-old girl was accidentally locked inside her mother’s car, with the engine still running. The incident occurred shortly after 24-year-old Pimlapas stepped out briefly to collect another child from a nearby house. Upon her return, she was horrified to find her daughter, Michel, trapped inside the vehicle.

The car had automatically locked itself, leaving Michel stranded behind the glass. In a frantic attempt to rescue her, Pimlapas called for help, fearing for her daughter's safety as the car continued to idle.

“I just stepped away for a moment, and the doors locked on their own,” the distraught mother recounted.

Police and emergency services quickly arrived at the scene. Despite her predicament, young Michel remained surprisingly calm inside the locked car. The rapid intervention of a locksmith saw the car unlocked within a swift 15 minutes, much to the relief of the anxious mother.

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Pattaya Mail

Pimlapas expressed her heartfelt gratitude to the emergency responders, saying, “I’m so thankful for their help. It could have been much worse.”

This event serves as a stark reminder of the dangers of leaving children unattended in vehicles, no matter how brief the duration.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-13

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

An easy mistake to make, just exiting the car for a few moments can go wrong... take our the keys or at least have a spare set in your bag

I always have an entry key in my pocket.  Also have one secured to the underside of the vehicle.  The key only unlocks the vehicle, but cannot start it.

• Thanks 1