Early Release Scheme Hits Hurdles as Several Returned to Prison

Social Media

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Worse than brain dead. IMO an imbecile would have known it wouldn't work, so what is Starmer's excuse?

Perhaps if the government hadn't spent all the loot on bombs for Ukraine they might have had some spare cash to build a few more prisons before launching into some IMO insane vendetta against angry citizens.

Tell me how could Starmer have built the prisons the nation needs in a little over 2 months?

On 9/14/2024 at 3:37 AM, Social Media said:

Among those, the first inmate was returned to custody just 36 hours after being freed under the program,

"I told you yesterday, get out and stay out , you're not welcome back here "

"But Warden, the Police told me to come back here "

"I dont care what the Police said, this is MY jail and you aint coming back" 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Tell me how could Starmer have built the prisons the nation needs in a little over 2 months?

1. He didn't need to lock up people who posted hurty word tweets on facebook.

2. He could have released early and deported foreign criminals.  

I think the real problem though is that his weakness as a leader and a as a man is now on full display to the public.   Every day there is a new instance that demonstrates how much of a hypocrite he is, or how thoroughly out of depth he is.   He was able to get away with his catalog of mistakes in the CPS (Jimmy Saville, Rochdale etc) as no-one really knew who he was, or as opposition leader where there were no consequences to his actions but now he is PM he is under the spotlight, and it is proving disastrous for him and his party as he cannot hide or blame someone else like 'the government'.   

I think if he is not already, he is going to be the most hated PM in modern history by all sides of politics.  

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

1. He didn't need to lock up people who posted hurty word tweets on facebook.

He didn’t.

The courts convicted rightwing extremists who broke the law, usually on the bases of their own confessions.

2. He could have released early and deported foreign criminals.  

I certainly think it’s a good idea to deport foreign criminals, but I’m not so naive to believe that could have been achieved in two months.

think the real problem though is that his weakness as a leader and a as a man is now on full display to the public.   Every day there is a ne

The real problem is quite clearly there are not enough prisons to meet the nation’s needs.

I think if he is not already, he is going to be the most hated PM in modern history by all sides of politics.  

You don’t like him, I got that.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He didn’t.

The courts convicted rightwing extremists who broke the law, usually on the bases of their own confessions.

I certainly think it’s a good idea to deport foreign criminals, but I’m not so naive to believe that could have been achieved in two months.

The real problem is quite clearly there are not enough prisons to meet the nation’s needs.

You don’t like him, I got that.

He didn't even look for alternatives.  He immediately settled on the easiest option because he is a moron.  Jailing people for posting mean words on facebook is wrong on every possible level, even more so when real criminals have to be released early as there isn't enough space.   Anyone who has an IQ in double figures would recognise that.   

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I take it this is something you have assumed.

Assumed based on his performance thus far, yes.  He didn't even bother to carry out an impact assessment for the winter fuel allowance and how many old people he will kill prematurely as a result of its removal, nor did he bother to actually confirm the details of the so called "£22bn black hole" as the treasury are still "checking this for accuracy" and won't release details so it is reasonable to assume he didn't bother considering alternatives to this as well. 

Releasing criminals onto the streets before their sentence is complete to cause mayhem is the kind of behaviour I would expect to see from Joker in a batman movie, not the PM of a democratic country.

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

Assumed based on his performance thus far, yes.  He didn't even bother to carry out an impact assessment for the winter fuel allowance and how many old people he will kill prematurely as a result of its removal, nor did he bother to actually confirm the details of the so called "£22bn black hole" as the treasury are still "checking this for accuracy" and won't release details so it is reasonable to assume he didn't bother considering alternatives to this as well. 

Releasing criminals onto the streets before their sentence is complete to cause mayhem is the kind of behaviour I would expect to see from Joker in a batman movie, not the PM of a democratic country.

So assumed.

Thank you.

Criminals were being released early is normal, I’ve already posted a link to the policy that has been in place since the 90s.

Prisoners have been released up to 10% of their sentence earlier than that procedure, since before the election.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:22 PM, impulse said:

I can't comment on the part I truncated out.  I'm not familiar enough with UK politics.

I liked your idea (other post) about requiring a place to stay and either money in the bank or a vetted sponsor.  I can't imagine dumping a guy with no job, no money, and no place to stay out on the street, then being surprised that he stole some food or money.

That is what they are doing. There is little in the way of funding for such things since vast amounts of money is used up in housing and feeding illegal aliens.