Hybrid vs Turbo petrol new car choice.

Pattaya420

Hi. Buying new 2025 Civic.

There is choice Hybrid 2.0lL + electric motor vs 1.5 VTEC Turbo.

Hybrid there is 2 models regular one and RS sporty most expensive.

Basically Turbo is cheapest then add 100k u get basic hybrid it's like turbo but with electric engine. Add 200k u get hybrid RS.

I went Turbo just want hear from ppl with hybrid cars Thier experience as never had one.

That hybrid is bit faster but that's not a factor cuz if u really want u can tune up turbo easy change air filter only and it gets few HP more....

Fuel saving is not an goal too as I had 2.8L Fortuner before that.

Just want make sure Turbo model is good choice....

https://www.honda.co.th/en/civic

Whoa ... for this price  ฿1.23 Million, if accurate, you really need to go test drive some BEVs, before splashing out that amount.   I'll just leave at that, especially if performance is something you want, aside from the other advantages.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Whoa ... for this price  ฿1.23 Million, if accurate, you really need to go test drive some BEVs, before splashing out that amount.   I'll just leave at that, especially if performance is something you want, aside from the other advantages.

They got hybrid only for test drive.

Also there is promotion. They give u like 90k discount 

I did test hybrid. But it's just quick uturn ride can't tell much. Car quiet, accelerate fast. All u can tell.

Edited by Pattaya420

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Turbo is the better car, the Hybrid is a gimmick and too complicated.

If you really want power, have the ECU chip replaced, they are good for 200+hp, I wouldn't go too far beyond that as the gearbox is not up to it.

Glad I went Turbo then.

Yeh garage shop told me air filter plus tune ECU.

But I think messing with ECU on new car voids guarantee so I might skip that. If anything change to performance air filter.

1726289144336.jpg.64494fd4a2344b80f982e1cbbea55ebe.jpg

1726289142402.jpg.b143e4a7b3d0a583617582ec3ad70f4b.jpg

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Turbo is the better car, the Hybrid is a gimmick and too complicated.

If you really want power, have the ECU chip replaced, they are good for 200+hp, I wouldn't go too far beyond that as the gearbox is not up to it.

Agreed.

Have a friend with a chipped/modded turbo Civic..... it goes real good.

We are still happy with our Civic Rs Turbo 2016 model

Not tuned it in any way and still is a great car .

Keep looking at changing it but apart from a newer version not really seen anything for the price that I would prefer.

Just coming up to 100k.

Keep looking at a BMW or Merc but the Civic is so cheap to service and nice to drive so might not change it just yet.

Keep looking at getting a Ford Raptor just concerned with reliability otherwise I would trade the Hilux Revo in for one.

15 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Keep looking at changing it but apart from a newer version not really seen anything for the price that I would prefer.

Just coming up to 100k.

Keep looking at a BMW or Merc but the Civic is so cheap to service and nice to drive so might not change it just yet.

Keep looking at getting a Ford Raptor just concerned with reliability otherwise I would trade the Hilux Revo in for one.

Don't buy Merc or BMW. Had it.

Civic is best car for this kind of money's.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

Don't buy Merc or BMW. Had it.

Civic is best car for this kind of money's.

Yes keep looking at different cars and when the time comes i will get another one
Not looked at getting it tuned as very rarely do i go over 160 usually stay around 120-130 
Had far too many tickets before so stick to around 125 and never get them now

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Yes keep looking at different cars and when the time comes i will get another one
Not looked at getting it tuned as very rarely do i go over 160 usually stay around 120-130 
Had far too many tickets before so stick to around 125 and never get them now

Not as much top speed we talk about. It's just faster acceleration, that's more fun.

• Like 1

I have a 2014 Civic. Possibly the best car I have ever owned. At 125K, the front seats recovered and window seals replaced. I have thought of a change, but with regular servicing and no problems, I can't see the point. As I get older my one objection is it being too low. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 4:01 PM, kwak250 said:

Just coming up to 100k.

My friend just bought a Ford Ranger he wants his Toyota back 

5 hours ago, Surasak said:

I have a 2014 Civic. Possibly the best car I have ever owned. At 125K, the front seats recovered and window seals replaced. I have thought of a change, but with regular servicing and no problems, I can't see the point. As I get older my one objection is it being too low. 

Get a lift kit and some bigger wheels.

I know what you mean I love my Civic RS 2016 model.

Not seen anything I would change it for apart from.a newer one and don't see the point.

I have the Accord 2.0l Hybrid and must admit I love it, especially the instant torque and fuel consumption is great.

Watched a youtube video on the power train breakdown into components (generator, electric motors etc) and the engineering is incredible.

Only thing I miss is normal engine revving and gear changes but with an automatic you don't really get that now anyway.

Apparently the resell value of hybrids is extremely bad. Also, a lot of manufacturers are doing away with them. You might wanna google that before tou make a decision. I'd personally go for the turbo. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 7:27 AM, Pattaya420 said:

Hi. Buying new 2025 Civic.

There is choice Hybrid 2.0lL + electric motor vs 1.5 VTEC Turbo.

Hybrid there is 2 models regular one and RS sporty most expensive.

Basically Turbo is cheapest then add 100k u get basic hybrid it's like turbo but with electric engine. Add 200k u get hybrid RS.

I went Turbo just want hear from ppl with hybrid cars Thier experience as never had one.

That hybrid is bit faster but that's not a factor cuz if u really want u can tune up turbo easy change air filter only and it gets few HP more....

Fuel saving is not an goal too as I had 2.8L Fortuner before that.

Just want make sure Turbo model is good choice....

https://www.honda.co.th/en/civic

I owned the Lexus ES300h, it had good driving manners, the only disconcerting thing is the dead quiet, you do not know if the engine is on just by ear. So quiet it is almost eerie. But driving was good, economical. No issues.

I think the Civic is a great choice. Enjoy.

I have a Toyota cross hybrid 1800 cc super vehicle  before I had a Mitsubishi  lancer cost me 500 baht a week to run around in my cross costs me 600 baht a month as a runabout when I brought it down from the dealership to the island there was a 1,000 baht of fuel gifted to me I still had some left in the tank that was doing 600+ Kim’s plus I get free servicing only pay for parts  Happy Days, by the way if you end up with Turbo issues it’s very expensive to replace !

Edited by crazykopite

have you test driven both?
looks like the RS will giuve better performance and mileage
but if concerned about it being hybrid for any reason
why not get the Civic Type-R?

Edited by patman30