Getting quite a few "spam" emails purportedly from PayPal

xylophone

Probably like many others, I get the occasional Spam email and McAfee has already been mentioned on one of these threads, although I have only had a few of these of late, but over the past couple of weeks I've had quite a few purportedly from PayPal, not to mention supposed tax rebates from the UK government and a few other organisations.

I do run Windows Defender on my Windows 10 and this picks them up in the main, and I also run Malwarebytes Premium, just in case, and on that note Malwarebytes has picked up some "dangerous activity" from ASEAN now, and I think it was some sort of "phishing" bug?

Is anyone else getting this sort of activity?

Just ignore it. This are fake phishing emails, if u see sender adress domain it's not even PayPal.com 

McAffe is crap, got it free with new laptop and removed it. 

Stick with windows defender.

And simply ignore fishy emails, u can report them as spam and set filter to send them straight to spam box 

• Agree 1

I have noticed a rise in fake invoices from people I don't know, for good and services I did not order. I just delete them.

I do wish I was tech savvy enough to respond with something that would fry their motherboards, and barbecue their RAM.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

Just ignore it. This are fake phishing emails, if u see sender adress domain it's not even PayPal.com 

McAffe is crap, got it free with new laptop and removed it. 

Stick with windows defender.

And simply ignore fishy emails, u can report them as spam and set filter to send them straight to spam box 

Thanks, and this is what I do although the occasional one gets through/past the spam filter somehow......and PayPal seem to be the majority of the spam emails so think they may have had a "data leak" in recent times?

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks, and this is what I do although the occasional one gets through/past the spam filter somehow......and PayPal seem to be the majority of the spam emails so think they may have had a "data leak" in recent times?

No it's nothing to do with data leak.

Just ignore it, and you can't win with spam, they always find ways to send it through, they simply change IP to clean one.

Always check sender email domain, and return email domain. If it's not like PayPal.com but something else u know it's fake.

Edited by Pattaya420