Best Song of Past 100 Years? Your Vote?

GammaGlobulin

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I saw him in a small bar in Austin Texas, 10 feet away. He played without missing a note all of his earlier songs. I've seen most of the best guitarists or have listened to them for 50 years, and only Mark Knopfler is as good to me. Those others are right up there so it's hard to choose, along with Jeff Beck, Warren Haynes, Jorma Kaukonen, Michael Schenker, Brian May, Steve Hackett and Neil Schon.

You didn't mention Eddie, thank you. Might mention Carlos though.

15 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

You didn't mention Eddie, thank you. Might mention Carlos though.

Carlos for sure. Saw him in San Antonio in the early 90's. Eddie was okay but somewhat limited. Hendrix gets a lot of credit but his work can be done by most good guitarists. Some were innovators and get a lot of credit. Knopfler was good in Dire Straits, and only got better.

• Agree 2

Thought of another 2 singers, one is Icelandic rock band Kaleo with the amazing main singer, and the other is the Breton folk singer Denez Prigent.  Both extremely good singers in radically different styles of music

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your word....."mental"....makes me think you are from New England...in the USA.....

Just sayin'.....

I would have suggested UK as best possibility based on knowing nothing else about the person.

From probably the best rock singer of all time (I know, some think it's Freddie Mercury, who's also great), Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, another group not yet inducted that was better than a lot that have been................

Edited by fredwiggy