Pager Explosions in Lebanon Target Hezbollah Members 9 Dead Thousands Injured

Social Media

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

They killed 9 terrorists, wounded a few hundred, and radicalized thousands of innocent bystanders and their families. 

By my math, they're going in the wrong direction if they want to defeat terrorism.  They're creating them faster than they can kill them.  And not just in the Middle East, as recent western events have shown.

Maybe the innocent bystanders will take the FAFO lesson they have received and decide terrorism is a silly game to play.  

Edited by James105
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hezbollah have been throwing bombs into Israel for the last year or so , they have been giving all they got , that have reached the limit of what they can do .

Hezbollah cannot respond , don't forget they had there missile factory destroyed last week .

Sure they can.  In London.  In Paris.  In NYC.  If they believe that a Jew is a Jew is a Jew.

Israel is a hard target.  Other Jews around the world, not so hard.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, impulse said:

They killed 9 terrorists, wounded a few hundred, and radicalized thousands of innocent bystanders and their families. 

By my math, they're going in the wrong direction if they want to defeat terrorism.  They're creating them faster than they can kill them.  And not just in the Middle East, as recent western events have shown.

But its ok for thousands of rockets fired at Israel indiscriminately by Hezbollah the terrorists. Everyday new bombardments. Just let them carry on and doing nothing ok. 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Sure they can.  In London.  In Paris.  In NYC.  If they believe that a Jew is a Jew is a Jew.

Do you view this war against Israel as a war on Jews ?
Iranian leadership  seem to view the war against Israel and an attempt to wipe out Jews from the World .

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

But its ok for thousands of rockets fired at Israel indiscriminately by Hezbollah the terrorists. Everyday new bombardments. Just let them carry on and doing nothing ok. 

Have you ever, ever, ever, seen me say that's okay? 

That dead 9 year old kid...  Not a terrorist.  But I'll bet his family is signing up as a we type this. 

And it's quite possible he also has family in London, Paris and NYC, who will be looking for payback.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

No Sir, this is an Army targeting terrorists, that is wholly different, same with Hamas.  Terrorists are cowards that hide behind and among the public, wear no uniform and don't respect human rights in any form .  An Army wears a recognized  Uniform and fights according to a code of Honour and discipline and under the political control of the Nation State. 

Could you read my whole post ?

My point was that even if Hezbollah were not  terrorist group and if they were a regular army , this STILL wouldn't have been a terror attack (by Israel) , because the target were enemy combatants 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

That dead 9 year old kid...  Not a terrorist.  But I'll bet his family is signing up as a we type this. 

And it's quite possible he also has family in London, Paris and NYC, who will be looking for payback.

What are this imaginary Family in some imaginary place  signing up to ?

Some imaginary group ?

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It does, just wondering whether you are a neo Nazi that wants to carry on Hitlers work and wipe out the Jews , as Hezbollah do 

Ludicrous, usual attempt to paint any criticism of Israeli actions as anti Semitic or nazism.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ludicrous, usual attempt to paint any criticism of Israeli actions as anti Semitic or nazism.

I asked him a question , I didn't say he was anything .

I asked him .

Can you not tell the difference between asking a question and making an accusation ?

Also, Impulse wasn't criticising the Israeli Government , he was talking about attacking Jews around the World , thus I asked him about his Nazi sympathies .

Because he was talking about attacking Jews around the World , it wasn't because of any criticism of the Israeli Government 

23 minutes ago, impulse said:

Why would you ignore it then? And why ignore all the kids the Hezbollah rockets have killed in Israel?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, impulse said:

It's all fun and games until you or a loved one is sitting next to one of them in a Starbucks or an Airbus.

I don't tend to hang with Hezbollah and doubt they spend much time in Starbucks or on an Airbus. If there were significant uninvolved casualties, I'm sure the Russian-Iranian information machine would be telling us all about them. Seems a pretty decent covert op, all things considered - beats bombing from above where more innocents are likely to be victims.

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I asked him a question , I didn't say he was anything .

I asked him .

Can you not tell the difference between asking a question and making an accusation ?

Also, Impulse wasn't criticising the Israeli Government , he was talking about attacking Jews around the World , thus I asked him about his Nazi sympathies .

Because he was talking about attacking Jews around the World , it wasn't because of any criticism of the Israeli Government 

No, that's a distortion.

He was saying this attack could lead to more support for Hezbollah, possibly worldwide, which could lead to attacks on jews. 

So that's criticism of the action here of the state of Israel.

Your question was loaded at best, the intention and implied meaning were clear.

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's correct. And they've already done so, and believe it's legitimate and have shown no hesitation to attack Jews regardless of their nationality or affiliation or political beliefs. They have also been clear that they intend to go after any Jew, regardless of whether they're Israeli or not. 

So why is it that they're not allowed to be targeted? This was more humane than what's happening in Gaza for example. Better targeted and against a declared enemy whom they are at war with.

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That's correct. And they've already done so, and believe it's legitimate and have shown no hesitation to attack Jews regardless of their nationality or affiliation or political beliefs. They have also been clear that they intend to go after any Jew, regardless of whether they're Israeli or not. 

So why is it that they're not allowed to be targeted? This was more humane than what's happening in Gaza for example. Better targeted and against a declared enemy whom they are at war with.

I'm just saying that the numbers don't work out if you kill 9 terrorists, injure a couple hundred more, and radicalize thousands to their cause at the same time.  You're going backwards.  That's pragmatism, not ant-Semitism.

I'm 100% in favor of wiping out Hamas and Hezbollah fighters.  But not if it's in a way that's going to create hundreds more to take their place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, that's a distortion.

He was saying this attack could lead to more support for Hezbollah, possibly worldwide, which could lead to attacks on jews. 

So that's criticism of the action here of the state of Israel.

Your question was loaded at best, the intention and implied meaning were clear.

I was asking him a question and he can reply "No" if he wants . 

He refused to answer my question of whether he views this war against  Israel as a war on Jews World wide  . 

He seems to support the Palestinians and quite possibly their war against Jews .

That is why I asked him , he hasn't replied to either question yet , so let him speak for himself .

He may well ne a Neo Nazi , let him answer himself 

Why is it acceptable to attack Jews worldwide for Israel's actions, but its unacceptable to attack Muslims worldwide for say Saudi Arabia's actions (Saudi being  random Muslim Country )

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Why don't you ask the parents of the 9 year old who was one of those killed?

You mean her parents who are probably Hezbollah terrorists, who happily bomb innocent Israeli children.

If the kid had a pager - she is a terrorist. The shipment was ordered by Hezbollah for its followers who support terrorism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'm just saying that the numbers don't work out if you kill 9 terrorists, injure a couple hundred more, and radicalize thousands to their cause at the same time.  You're going backwards.  That's pragmatism, not ant-Semitism.

I'm 100% in favor of wiping out Hamas and Hezbollah fighters.  But not if it's in a way that's going to create hundreds more to take their place.

But are they creating hundreds more to take their place? I think this operation was much more targeted and will create far less resentment than what's happening in gaza.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking him a question and he can reply "No" if he wants . 

He refused to answer my question of whether he views this war against  Israel as a war on Jews World wide  . 

He seems to support the Palestinians and quite possibly their war against Jews .

That is why I asked him , he hasn't replied to either question yet , so let him speak for himself .

He may well ne a Neo Nazi , let him answer himself 

Why is it acceptable to attack Jews worldwide for Israel's actions, but its unacceptable to attack Muslims worldwide for say Saudi Arabia's actions (Saudi being  random Muslim Country )

He is not claiming it's acceptable to attack Jews worldwide. He's saying that that may be a consequence of this attack.

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Why don't you ask the parents of the 9 year old who was one of those killed?

It is certainly tragic that any innocent civilian was harmed in any way, but surely all of this could be avoided if Hezbollah was to stop attacking Israel, or doesn't that count?

• Like 1