Pager Explosions in Lebanon Target Hezbollah Members 9 Dead Thousands Injured

Social Media

30 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yes you are right, the figure is well over 42,000 already.

Where would they bury 42,000 bodies? hell of a graveyard, if that figure was true Hamad would be showing all them dead bodies, dont believe it for one minute.

On 9/18/2024 at 12:47 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people. Will the Hezbollah terrorists accuse Israel of pagercide now?

Fair enough to attack those with the Hezbollah military wing though I am unsure if booby trapped personal devices are permitted in the Rules of War. However, Hezbollah has many civilians working for them in the medical profession, charities and so on in Lebanon. It would be interesting to know how many civilians were killed or wounded.

31 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Fair enough to attack those with the Hezbollah military wing though I am unsure if booby trapped personal devices are permitted in the Rules of War. However, Hezbollah has many civilians working for them in the medical profession, charities and so on in Lebanon. It would be interesting to know how many civilians were killed or wounded.

Civilians working for a terrorist organization. Really, what does that make them, they should know better than work for a genocidle terrorist group.

"pagers and hand-held devices, which were distributed specifically to Hezbollah operatives, were being used for the purposes of communicating, planning and conducting operations. As such, they immediately ceased to be considered "civilian objects" and became legitimate military targets."

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Civilians working for a terrorist organization. Really, what does that make them, they should know better than work for a genocidle terrorist group.

"pagers and hand-held devices, which were distributed specifically to Hezbollah operatives, were being used for the purposes of communicating, planning and conducting operations. As such, they immediately ceased to be considered "civilian objects" and became legitimate military targets."

As you would expect Lebanese government has many problems trying to govern. The political wing of Hezbollah, who are represented in the Lebanese government, carry out some essential services for civilians, Christian and Shiites, plus serves as a propaganda platform for Hezbollah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#:~:text='Party of God') is,party in the Lebanese Parliament.

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As you would expect Lebanese government has many problems trying to govern. The political wing of Hezbollah, who are represented in the Lebanese government, carry out some essential services for civilians, Christian and Shiites, plus serves as a propaganda platform for Hezbollah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#:~:text='Party of God') is,party in the Lebanese Parliament.

I am more than aware of that but it has nothing to do with my reply:

45 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In addition the majority of wounded were young teen men and Hezbollah themselves.

Of the 4,000 reported Hezbollah operatives injured, only a handful of civilians were reportedly harmed. That is an extraordinary feat in modern warfare and the textbook definition of a precision and proportionate attack.

Most of the 37 people killed are believed to have been fighters.

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I am more than aware of that but it has nothing to do with my reply:

In addition the majority of wounded were young teen men and Hezbollah themselves.

Of the 4,000 reported Hezbollah operatives injured, only a handful of civilians were reportedly harmed. That is an extraordinary feat in modern warfare and the textbook definition of a precision and proportionate attack.

Most of the 37 people killed are believed to have been fighters.

Let's see your source URL. I find it difficult to believe just a few days after the attacks with about 3500 injured they would know now many non combatants were injured across Lebanon and Syria. As I said a large number of civilians work for Hezbollah, I would assume their is no alternative for them, plus Hezbollah being a component of government.

Just now, simple1 said:

Let's see your source URL. I find it difficult to believe just a few days after the attacks with about 3500 injured they would know now many non combatants were injured across Lebanon and Syria. As I said a large number of civilians work for Hezbollah, I would assume their is no alternative for them, plus Hezbollah being a component of government.

So your telling me you've not even read the link I provided..........:saai:

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

But why would they have a pager alerting them about upcoming operations?

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

30 minutes ago, stevenl said:

In a war zone I would assume the civilians would be alerted for medical / rescue / supply chain issues, meetings incoming attack alerts and so on

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

So your telling me you've not even read the link I provided..........:saai:

I guess you're referring to the Newsweek article written by a person at West Point. Regards civilians the author has made a claim without substantiation. So far Human Rights Watch mentions some known civilian deaths of two children and two health workers, but not injuries, other than mentioning videos of injuries. Right now I cannot locate estimated number of civilians employed, but fighter estimates vary from 20,000 to 100,000 which indicates a large number of civilians working for Hezbollah

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/09/18/lebanon-exploding-pagers-harmed-hezbollah-civilians

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I guess you're referring to the Newsweek article written by a person at West Point. Regards civilians the author has made a claim without substantiation. So far Human Rights Watch mentions some known civilian deaths of two children and two health workers, but not injuries, other than mentioning videos of injuries. Right now I cannot locate estimated number of civilians employed, but fighter estimates vary from 20,000 to 100,000 which indicates a large number of civilians working for Hezbollah

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/09/18/lebanon-exploding-pagers-harmed-hezbollah-civilians

Yes I am referring to that link written by an expert from West Point. Its also weighted by direct feedback from a doctor treating the wounded:

Surgeon Elias Jaradeh said he treated women and children but most of the patients he saw were young men. The surgeon said a large proportion were “severely injured” and many had lost the sight in both eyes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c04p7q3k4k9o

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I am referring to that link written by an expert from West Point. Its also weighted by direct feedback from a doctor treating the wounded:

Surgeon Elias Jaradeh said he treated women and children but most of the patients he saw were young men. The surgeon said a large proportion were “severely injured” and many had lost the sight in both eyes.

Justice makes blind LOL.

One of the greatest operations of all time. History will judge, but blowing up 3000 scumbags will save a whole bunch of lives.

https://www.hudson.org/technology/brilliance-operation-grim-beeper-lebanon-pager-explosion-israel-iran-michael-doran

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Given they operate in a Shiite area there is no surprise whatsoever mainly young men. The original purpose of the booby traps were to be activated during an actual attack on Israel; obviously would have been a very effective disruptive operation. 

Time to move along...