Will you leave this Forum?

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You be MAGA and I'll be on the other side :

"Trump is a convicted rapist "

Nonsense. There is no conviction. In a civil case, Trump was found “liable” for sexual assault. Based on an event near 30 years ago that most likely amounted to nothing more than if two middle aged adults consensually “hooked up” in the storage closet at an office Christmas party. 

The female plaintiff, who can’t even remember what year it happened is aggrieved because Trump called her a liar. A lifelong Democrat with an axe to grind. A nasty woman who used Trumps’ notoriety to aggrandize and enrich  herself in the aftermath  of the “me-too” movement.  An environment similar to the Salem Witch trials. The biased jury selected from the voting pool of Manhattan where Trump polls at 6 percent. He said she said and he had no chance. 

But if all the same evidence had been presented and the defendant was any other American citizen, even the “so-called Judge” who presided would never have let this case proceed. A political takedown. 

Do you remember the name, or even the face of the girl you CONSENSUALLY snogged and dry humped at a College party 40 years ago. Of course you don’t. A nothing burger that became  a judicial travesty. If these monsters can come for Trump, you could be next. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Nonsense. There is no conviction. In a civil case, Trump was found “liable” for sexual assault. Based on an event near 30 years ago that most likely amounted to nothing more than if two middle aged adults consensually “hooked up” in the storage closet at an office Christmas party. 

The female plaintiff, who can’t even remember what year it happened is aggrieved because Trump called her a liar. A lifelong Democrat with an axe to grind. A nasty woman who used Trumps’ notoriety to aggrandize and enrich  herself in the aftermath  of the “me-too” movement.  An environment similar to the Salem Witch trials. The biased jury selected from the voting pool of Manhattan where Trump polls at 6 percent. He said she said and he had no chance. 

But if all the same evidence had been presented and the defendant was any other American citizen, even the “so-called Judge” who presided would never have let this case proceed. A political takedown. 

Do you remember the name, or even the face of the girl you CONSENSUALLY snogged and dry humped at a College party 40 years ago. Of course you don’t. A nothing burger that became  a judicial travesty. If these monsters can come for Trump, you could be next. 

Your aggressive dismissal of a sexual assault victim's experience speaks to your own bias.

The evidence presented in court and not disproven, does not support your claim that this is anything close to consensual snogging. The unfortunate reality is that 30 years ago, men could get away with accosting women. In the past few days we have seen another wealthy man exposed for his sexual misdeeds, Mohamed Al Fayed.  

You do not  believe the victim. I can  assure you that a majority of people under the age of 35 do. I can also assure you that women who had careers also understand the plaintiff.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Your aggressive dismissal of a sexual assault victim's experience speaks to your own bias.

The evidence presented in court and not disproven, does not support your claim that this is anything close to consensual snogging. The unfortunate reality is that 30 years ago, men could get away with accosting women. In the past few days we have seen another wealthy man exposed for his sexual misdeeds, Mohamed Al Fayed.  

You do not  believe the victim. I can  assure you that a majority of people under the age of 35 do. I can also assure you that women who had careers also understand the plaintiff.

Read the thread.

I am rhetorically assuming a MAGA position 

Trump is a vile vile rapist and sex abuser 

• Agree 1

The reason I use the forum much less (after more than 10 years as an active member) is because it's dominated by pointless Trump/Harris posts.

Nobody will ever say "you know, you're right, I never thought of [add name of US Presidential candidate] that way" .... it's just playground level name-calling.

And every post, even if it's nothing to do with US politics, will have a Trump or Harris reference in it.

Give it a damn rest .... nobody f-ing cares anymore.

• Sad 1

Just now, Kinnock said:

The reason I use the forum much less (after more than 10 years as an active member) is because it's dominated by pointless Trump/Harris posts.

Nobody will ever say "you know, you're right, I never thought of [add name of US Presidential candidate] that way" .... it's just playground level name-calling.

And every post, even if it's nothing to do with US politics, will have a Trump or Harris reference in it.

Give it a damn rest .... nobody f-ing cares anymore.

Perhaps that's why this Forum is called the 'Political soapbox'!  What do you expect?  🙄

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps that's why this Forum is called the 'Political soapbox'!  What do you expect?  🙄

I, like many members, do not access the AN via specific forums.  I go to the latest posts view ..... and mostly all I see is Trump vs Harris name calling.

Edited by Kinnock
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I, like many members, do not access the AN via specific forums.  I go to the latest posts view ..... and mostly all I see is Trump vs Haiirs name calling.

well if you changed your way into the forum you could avoid it. I enter via the Weed section 🙂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

well if you changed your way into the forum you could avoid it. I enter via the Weed section 🙂

True ..... but I enter via 'latest posts' as I want to see what's being discussed about Thailand and what's going on.  If I entered via a specific section I'd miss out on other topics. 

And many of the Trump posts are in other sections .... news obviously, but he even ends up in threads about other topics.

Edited by Kinnock