Farage Declares "Bigots Not Welcome" as Reform UK Aims for Professionalism

Social Media

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Indeed. However, it's still not evidence. Some will believe it, some will believe Farage.

There is no evidence to back either. Hence, the dispute of what was said or not said.

Well of course, some folk will believe a reputable source, others will chose to believe Farage.

• Haha 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

You're half way there.

You made numerous different points in your post and I just wanted to reply to one of your points , I and not obliged or required to reply to every point you made .

Now, can you reply to the point that I made ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You made numerous different points in your post and I just wanted to reply to one of your points , I and not obliged or required to reply to every point you made .

Now, can you reply to the point that I made ?

The context. That's what I'm referring to. I made no reference to myself. Hence, your questions are not relevant to my comments.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

The context. That's what I'm referring to. I made no reference to myself. Hence, your questions are not relevant to my comments.

OK, it is getting rather confusing, I thought that you meant that the Israeli response in Gaza to the Islamic terror attack was a bad thing , but never mind, move on. 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, it is getting rather confusing, I thought that you meant that the Israeli response in Gaza to the Islamic terror attack was a bad thing , but never mind, move on. 

Then, you clearly read wrong. 

At no point did I give my opinion. At no point did I mention the Israel. Your selective reading appears to have led you up the garden path. That's why you are confused.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

all Jews believe the bombings in Gaza are a good thing?

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Then, you clearly read wrong. 

At no point did I give my opinion. At no point did I mention the Israel. Your selective reading appears to have led you up the garden path. That's why you are confused.

Yes, I was mistaken, in your initial post I though that you were referring to Israel's bombing of Gaza , but as you didn't mention Israel then you must have been referring to someone else bombing Gaza .

What were the bombings in Gaza that you were referring to ?

Was it the Hamas misfiring rockets that you meant ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now he [Farage] has said he was told not to hold the face-to-face meetings with voters, traditionally held on the last day of the week, for safety reasons.

But parliament’s security services have disputed the suggestion he was given that advice, which would interfere with his democratic duties as an MP.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-reform-mp-surgeries-b2615759.html

There were two claims:

1. I've seen no evidence that Trump has shunned Farage.

2. I've seen no evidence that Farage was not given advice to not hold surgeries.

If you have evidence from the HoC re (2)  then please post same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, I was mistaken, in your initial post I though that you were referring to Israel's bombing of Gaza , but as you didn't mention Israel then you must have been referring to someone else bombing Gaza .

What were the bombings in Gaza that you were referring to ?

Was it the Hamas misfiring rockets that you meant ?

I was referring to the bombings in Gaza. As I wrote. It is my understanding the conflict involves two factions. They both appear to be using bombs.

So, as I said, can it be said that all Jews believe the bombings are a good thing? Obviously not.

I have Jewish friends. Mostly they are sick and tired of the constant conflicts and want them stopped, any which way. I also have Jewish friends who aren't interested and just go about their daily lives.

Edited by youreavinalaff

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I have Jewish friends. Mostly they are sick and tired of the constant conflicts and want them stopped, any which way. I also have Jewish friends who aren't interested and just go about their daily lives.

Everyone is sick and tired of the constant fighting wars and conflict , everyone that is apart from Hamas and Hezbollah and the other terrorists groups that want destroy Israel  , they are the ones who prolong the conflict 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Everyone is sick and tired of the constant fighting wars and conflict , everyone that is apart from Hamas and Hezbollah and the other terrorists groups that want destroy Israel  , they are the ones who prolong the conflict 

Aiming blame? It takes two to tango.

Your comment, and others blaming Isreal, is the reason this conflict is still ongoing. 

The minute someone stands up and tells them they are both wrong, that's when the dispute will have half a chance of being settled.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes you are sadly and that's no surprise coming from someone who admits he is a wombat

, we must embrace the cultural enrichment that different religions bring 

Tell that to the dead in the London bombings, the Manchester bombings, 9-11,  and all the rest about cultural bloody enrichment, what a load of crap.

The Muslim religion brings nothing but trouble as soon as they have sufficient numbers in any country.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now he [Farage] has said he was told not to hold the face-to-face meetings with voters, traditionally held on the last day of the week, for safety reasons.

But parliament’s security services have disputed the suggestion he was given that advice, which would interfere with his democratic duties as an MP.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-reform-mp-surgeries-b2615759.html

A few years ago there was an M.P from a constituency just down the road who got stabbed to death by an Islamic extremist whilst that M.P was meeting his constituents on a Friday afternoon .

Its understandable that Nigel is concerned about holding meetings with the general public , all it takes would be an illegal immigrant to kill Nigel and the immigrant then avoids deportation 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

A few years ago there was an M.P from a constituency just down the road who got stabbed to death by an Islamic extremist whilst that M.P was meeting his constituents on a Friday afternoon .

Its understandable that Nigel is concerned about holding meetings with the general public , all it takes would be an illegal immigrant to kill Nigel and the immigrant then avoids deportation 

And yet Farage doesn't appear to have any qualms about meeting and greeting the public while campaigning up and down the country.

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

How many Jewish friends have you got ?

1 hour ago, RayC said:

And yet Farage doesn't appear to have any qualms about meeting and greeting the public while campaigning up and down the country.

There is security at those events  , the meeting the public in his office and there is no security , people can just walk in off the street and meet him .

Private meetings and public meetings are two different things 

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

There was this event for starters. I'm sure that there are plenty of others.

https://www.reformparty.uk/clacton_action_day_friday_21st_june

That was when there was a group of them and they had security . 

The meet the constituents are one to one meetings with no security and he didn't think that it would be safe because the was a recent murder of a politician in a similar meeting  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There is security at those events  , the meeting the public in his office and there is no security , people can just walk in off the street and meet him .

Private meetings and public meetings are two different things 

Then if Mr. Farage feels threatened he could employ security at his surgeries. Given that he would be performing his parliamentary duties it would be an allowable expense.

"Security Assistance may be claimed under the Scheme of MPs’ Business Costs and Expenses (‘the Scheme’) for additional security measures that are necessary to enable the MP’s parliamentary functions to be undertaken."(Source: https://www.theipsa.org.uk/freedom-of-information/cas-141301)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That was when there was a group of them and they had security . 

The meet the constituents are one to one meetings with no security and he didn't think that it would be safe because the was a recent murder of a politician in a similar meeting  

Any MP could argue the same. 

Mr. Farage is a tad late in condemning the extremists and I do question the sincerity. That being said, he has at least recognized that his party cannot expand and solidify its base if it does not distance itself from violent extremists. It is perceived as the party of angry old white people, and that never bodes well in politics. Reform is not a renewable political movement in the way Labour is, with its links to the well funded unions and urban social activists.

The Tories may be down, but they are not out and will rebuild.  Farage only has about a year, to change the  basis of his  party before the Tories start their recovery once the Labour tax grab starts.

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Because you are disliking many millions of people without knowing them. You are tarring many millions of people with the same brush. 

Yes.

That is, if you are fearing every Muslim just because of their religion. If you believe the old chestnut that all Muslims are potential terrorists or murderers or kiddy fiddlers. If you disbelieve there are many millions of Muslims who feel disdain for Islamic extremists. 

It's irrational not to understand the difference between Muslims and Islamic Extremeists. Would you believe and publicly state all Irish Catholics are IRA members or all Jews believe the bombings in Gaza are a good thing?

I keep reading and hearing that there is a difference between muslims and Islamic extremists and it is an avoidance of reality to the point of being offensive. The only difference is that one group acts on its beliefs with violence and the other does not. 

Even when non muslims are not implicated,   muslims stay do not say a word about ongoing mass murder and genocide. The Darfur is  currently at risk of another mass  genocide as muslim militias hunt down and kill black non muslim Africans. 75,000+ dead and 14 million at risk of starvation, and not one mass protest in the muslim world. As Iran's proxy group the Houthis runs amok in Yemen killing  and starving an estimated 250,000 people and Saudi Arabia responded with mass aerial bombardments, not one word of protest from muslims. Where were the street marches in London, the mass campus encampments in  Canada and the USA? 

You raise the issue of the Gaza war. Ok, let's use that as an example. How many muslims protested the attacks of October 7 with its violation of an existing ceasefire, rapes and murders of non combatants and ongoing hostage taking? What muslim nation came out and said the violence was  wrong?  How many muslims are protesting on behalf of the hostages or protested the recent execution of the 6 hostages?  What's your excuse for that silence?

Europeans have every reason to be concerned about people who arrive and refuse to integrate or to respect the existing social norms. Why is it other immigrants were able to maintain their cultural practices without demanding that locals change and modify theirs to satisfy their religious and cultural needs?  

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

we must embrace the cultural enrichment that different religions bring 

Come to the UK and enjoy the "cultural enrichments" in many cities. Bring your wife and daughters too and let them walk home at night and enjoy it as well. If you're LGBTQ+ then see how it goes culturally in many areas when you're coming home from work or a night out with friends.

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

And 5 years earlier a white supremacist murdered a labour MP......

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

let them walk home at night and enjoy it as well. If you're LGBTQ+ then see how it goes culturally in many areas when you're coming home from work or a night out with friends.

Yet the LGBT community are always protesting in support of Islam ,please work that out .

• Agree 1