Dog Relocation from USA to Thailand?

cowboys2008

Unless it is a service dog, a dog this large has to be shipped as freight and cannot travel as checked luggage. There are companies that will facilitate this for you, but most will use KLM as they have a special facility to process cargo animals for food, water, and relief. 

Be prepared for this to be expensive. 

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

It got poisoned by some Thai <deleted> soon after .

shocking. I was just watching some guy YT channel and he said during his time in Africa the neighbors would throw boiling water over dogs they didn't so he had to build an extra high fence to protect them. Crazy people out there.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

shocking. I was just watching some guy YT channel and he said during his time in Africa the neighbors would throw boiling water over dogs they didn't so he had to build an extra high fence to protect them. Crazy people out there.

Thanks for your empathy .

There are 2 kind of people .

Humans who still feel empathy , Love , etc and Humons ( Human Monsters ) , who do not feel anymore .Those are the majority , but they do not belong here . Damned are their souls to eternal suffering ...

• Agree 1

The costs will be ferocious and the paperwork the character of a huge avalanche. This apart from the fact, that EVERYTHING for the dog will be different except you; be it water, temperature, humidity and likewise the food. 

I wonder, if you do the dog a favour relocating him to the other end of the planet or if you could place him with a canine-loving relative or a real fan of Goldendoodles. Latter might be better for the dog alone; you'll miss him but in the interest of the dog .......... 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Thanks for your empathy .

There are 2 kind of people .

Humans who still feel empathy , Love , etc and Humons ( Human Monsters ) , who do not feel anymore .Those are the majority , but they do not belong here . Damned are their souls to eternal suffering ...

I don't understand Thai people with dogs. They feed strays but then let them suffer of disease on the street and bite people. Then when a person is fed up they poison the dog and nothing is ever resolved. Completely uncivilized behavior if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The costs will be ferocious and the paperwork the character of a huge avalanche. This apart from the fact, that EVERYTHING for the dog will be different except you; be it water, temperature, humidity and likewise the food. 

My dog fits in a bag (see profile photo) but Eva airlines will take this size, maybe even in the cabin. They seem very dog friendly in Taiwan. I think it was $300 per trip last time I checked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcalaska said:

Why you want to take sand to the beach?  Millions of stray dogs in Thailand for FREE.

Thats like saying there are kids and women in every country in the world, so why not dump them before flying out to save the costs of the plane tickets.

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

This apart from the fact, that EVERYTHING for the dog will be different except you; be it water, temperature, humidity and likewise the food. 

That's an excellent point.  A large, thick-coated dog like a Goldendoodle will have a hard time in the hot and humid Thai climate. Also, Goldendoodles need a fair amount of exercise and that's problematic for big dogs in Thailand, whether you live in a city or on a farm.  Heavy traffic, a lack of parks and dog-friendly exercise areas, soi dogs, nasty critters and insects plus ticks and fleas in avalanches make it hard to be a responsible big-dog owner in Thailand.

• Like 1