EV charging outlets in condos

5 hours ago, jippytum said:

Thank you.

Personally i do not have an electic car or hybrid car. 

I am however on the management committee of my condo and owners thinking of purchasing one  have made the enquiry. 

The post was a genuine request for information prior to our condo AGM. 

It will be interesting to see how condo projects handle this.  My spouse and I have a Bangkok condo and, so far, there are no charging stations at the condo.  I think, though, as more people buy EVs, there will be pressure put on condo committees by these owners to have charging stations installed. 

I'm not sure how projects will deal with the fire safety issue if they only have underground or garage-type parking.  The BKK condo does have some open-air surface parking and some of this could be used for charging stations; it is far enough away from the condo building to keep the building safe, should a fire occur.  I noticed at our last visit that some of this parking has now been blocked off so, perhaps, residents are being prepared to lose this parking to charging stations down the road.   I'm curious if any readers live at a condo project that has installed charging stations and, if so, where they were installed.