Joe Manchin seems to think Kamala Harris is just as much a threat as Donald Trump

riclag

The filibuster is an archaic rule designed to perpetuate the white supremacy system of the Senate, and Kamala will be right to begin her campaign against it when she is elected. Once that is accomplished, she will break the stranglehold in the Senate by such white/hetero supremacists as Lyndsey (Gayboy) Graham and his other closeted gay friend Tim Scott, and be able to reform the Supreme Court so it no longer twists the constitution to allow hate speech and personal possesion of firearms.

Utopia is coming. Forward with Kamala. Squash them like the Bugs they Are!

Edited by Yagoda
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cameroni said:

If Kamala Harris becomes president she would enact the most extreme pro Abortion laws for sure.

Worse still, though, would be her support to continue the war in Ukraine. The US needs to avoid a hot war with Russia, which is  dangerously close.

Very funny … or very sad as in being President cannot enact the most extreme laws. In the USA the legislative branch alone is empowered to make laws. I am thinking you are not American or you decided to ignore your school civics/government/history lessons.

• Sad 1

Just now, wwest5829 said:

Very funny … or very sad as in being President cannot enact the most extreme laws. In the USA the legislative branch alone is empowered to make laws. I am thinking you are not American or you decided to ignore your school civics/government/history lessons.

Yes, it's sad you're not aware that the President can unilaterally issue a variety of rules, regulations, and instructions , including Executive Orders which have the force of law.

In addition:

"Much of the legislation dealt with by Congress is drafted at the initiative of the executive branch. In modern times, the "executive communication" has become a prolific source of legislative proposals. The communication is usually in the form of a message or letter from a member of the president's Cabinet, the head of an independent agency, or the president himself, transmitting a draft of a proposed bill to the speaker of the House of Representatives and the president of the Senate.The president may personally propose legislation in annual and special messages to Congress including the annual State of the Union address and joint sessions of Congress. If Congress has adjourned without acting on proposals, the president may call a special session of the Congress."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States

But, hey...they didn't teach that at your High School I guess?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I

11 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Yes, it's sad you're not aware that the President can unilaterally issue a variety of rules, regulations, and instructions , including Executive Orders which have the force of law.

In addition:

"Much of the legislation dealt with by Congress is drafted at the initiative of the executive branch. In modern times, the "executive communication" has become a prolific source of legislative proposals. The communication is usually in the form of a message or letter from a member of the president's Cabinet, the head of an independent agency, or the president himself, transmitting a draft of a proposed bill to the speaker of the House of Representatives and the president of the Senate.The president may personally propose legislation in annual and special messages to Congress including the annual State of the Union address and joint sessions of Congress. If Congress has adjourned without acting on proposals, the president may call a special session of the Congress."

I thought Manchin was gonna run for POTUS when he switched parties. He was a moderate like biden use to be.

He would of given a clear choice to Swing voters who are still considering kharris word salad’s & obfuscations.

1 minute ago, riclag said:

I

I thought Manchin was gonna run for POTUS when he switched parties. He was a moderate like biden use to be.

He would of given a clear choice to Swing voters who are still considering kharris word salad’s & obfuscations.

He would be a great president, always voted with his conscience and outstanding on foreign policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The OP, not surprisingly, decided to NOT post the actual headline for the article he linked to in his OP... Wonder why....

Joe Manchin Proves Again That He’s an Idiot With Endorsement Decision

https://newrepublic.com/post/186312/joe-manchin-reason-wont-endorse-harris

Thats right young man, I was influenced  by their strong use of leftest insults.The new republic  shows why there is such a great divide between the new dem left, Independents & the Right conservatives! The use of strong loaded words to describe a moderate political position who is defending against radical legislation , should be applauded,instead of using extreme tactics of delegitimizing insults of a moderate politicians response, such as Manchin defense of democracy .

The new republic:

Media bias factchecks:

“These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy”.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-republic/

• Thanks 1

Who posted this thread linking to their article again????

Not to mention giving a misleading and opposite interpretation about what the article actually says....

Joe Manchin Proves Again That He’s an Idiot With Endorsement Decision

Joe Manchin seems to think Kamala Harris is just as much a threat as Donald Trump.

"In his rant, Manchin seemed to paint Harris as a threat to democracy, appearing to forget who else is on the ballot. "

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 2:27 PM, Cameroni said:

In addition:

Gee wiz … why would the Executive Branch need to draft legislation if Executive Orders hold the force of law? Thanks for your attempt at insulting my lack of education. Constitutional Law was one of the classes I took as an undergrad on my way to retiring as Emeritus Professor of History … you?

Just now, wwest5829 said:

Gee wiz … why would the Executive Branch need to draft legislation if Executive Orders hold the force of law? Thanks for your attempt at insulting my lack of education. Constitutional Law was one of the classes I took as an undergrad on my way to retiring as Emeritus Professor of History … you?

Constitutional law was one of the classes I took as an undergraduate as well on my way to qualifying as a lawyer and going to work for the biggest international law firms in the world. Then I retired in the Cayman Islands. In Thailand now obviously.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2024 at 2:07 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Manchin is right. Kamala is a threat. I doubt she even has the power to end the filibuster. Terrible woman IMO.

It should be easy to vote for the opponent of people such as Harris and Walz who are so utterly lacking even the semblance of intelligence and coherent expression of thought. Unfortunately, it's not.