First 90 day report - does it have to be done in person, not online?

39 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Jomtien require an in person visit after you enter the country for a 90 day report. After that you can do it online. You used to be able to do the report online after returning from abroad, but that has changed in the last year.

Extract from email below:

90dayr.jpg.a0febf0e6d43990267e3d2eeeebac28e.jpg

So annoying...

And you have to go there twice - first to hand them your passport, the next day to collect your passport?

34 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

So annoying...

And you have to go there twice - first to hand them your passport, the next day to collect your passport?

No you don't. Jomtien has a huge sign on the 90 day desk saying "One Hour". I did mine on Monday and they were pretty spot on as mine took 55 minutes

Edited by Pattaya57

I've been able to do online reporting for 2-3 years. Left the country in April, returned, and tried to do the online report (rejected as expected). Went to the office to do it online. Took about an hour. I'm due to report again by Oct 7, so I'll try the online again in a couple of days. I'll report back. 

But yes, you need to report in person for the first time. Thereafter, it 'should' work online, but some still have issues with it. I've never had a problem when not leaving the country. Every time it has worked. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 10:11 AM, connda said:

And after you first 90 day in person, your second (and future) 90 days may still be rejected online.  It's convenient when it works, but it totally sucks when it doesn't. 

I had to do my first one in person at CW this week - my online one was rejected. It took four hours. Once I got to the desk the actual process was 2-3 minutes but there were 114 people ahead of me in the queue.

I did notice this sign though and I wasn't aware of this. Online reporting can be done 15 days in advance of the due date but not within seven days, so you have an eight day window. I wonder if people are getting rejected online because they fall in to this trap and just blaming it on the system? Definitely something to be aware of.

S__5578760.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Will find out in 2 months, thanks

As noted below in your response Jomtien.

In 2023 Feb this was not the case, but in 2024, I did it online knowing 24 hours got a rejection.

I took the application as you know after one applies the confirm to you email I printed that out.

Of course other officed might differ but in person application at Jomtiem was application, front page passport, extension stamp,entry stamp, TM30, all sign.

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

No you don't. Jomtien has a huge sign on the 90 day desk saying "One Hour". I did mine on Monday and they were pretty spot on as mine took 55 minutes

1 hour wait is pretty sh*tty too

Edited by JoseThailand

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

I had to do my first one in person at CW this week - my online one was rejected. It took four hours. Once I got to the desk the actual process was 2-3 minutes but there were 114 people ahead of me in the queue.

4 hours! Holy crap

15 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

4 hours! Holy crap

Yes, it was longer than expected but I could have just been unlucky, I don't know.

Anyway I posted that in another thread and was kindly advised by a couple of posters that you can book an appointment online to avoid the queues.

https://gov.immigration1.queueonline.net/appointment/login.html?v33

19 hours ago, dallen52 said:

On line isn't a problem.

I've left and returning several times and doing the 1st 90 report on line using the app.

Indeed, I have also done it many times online after re-entry.  A few weeks ago I tried again after returning in June but this time got a message from immigration saying first report after re-entry must be done in person.

However when I did go there was no issue with my TM30 from 2015.

Bit of a pain, about 2 hours driving for a couple of minutes in front of the IO.