Hurricane Helene

Danderman123

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

A huge deadly storm is hitting the USA and all you can think about is Donald Trump .

That is some obsession with Donald 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you have a link for that claim ?

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

A huge deadly storm is hitting the USA and all you can think about is Donald Trump .

That is some obsession with Donald 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you have a link for that claim ?

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

In his case, individually, I think he's okay. He's helping out elderly relatives and friends who lived in nearby towns. Everybody from the area is saying this was beyond imagination. And it had rained already for three or four days before the hurricane hit. I can cut these folks some slack, because I wouldn't have expected a hurricane to wipe out two inland areas either. It's the coastal residencies I don't understand. They just keep rebuilding and repeating the same old mistakes year after year--because insurance pays for it. Beach homes and beach businesses I think should be prohibited. In the past, that's why you had shacks for homes and businesses along the coast instead of multimillion dollar beach mansions.

Fair enough. However it's basic preparedness for the unexpected to have some supplies. The Mormons have stores for a full year. It's not expensive to have some canned food that doesn't need heating to eat and some bottles of water, and a basic first aid kit.

I'd have thought in a hurricane zone most would do that.

Perhaps having lots of money does not impart common sense. Surely time for insurance companies to refuse for property on the coast.

Everybody from the area is saying this was beyond imagination

Not so. Worse in the past. Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane