Help on "Retirement Visa"

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As we know all IO are different. but this one is from Jomtian but it may help.

retirementcombojomtian..jpg.395ca4de09a42aa8d96b9525c268fb84.jpg

And this one from Trat

copyretiremoney.jpg.5da23d060342c912fc489fc52ea10c48.jpg

Again, it seems to be different depending on which part of the country you are in.

In Phuket we do not need a residence certificate, the TM30 (done online)  will do instead as I have used it twice so far + TM 47 (done online).

One photo of you outside the house which shows the house number.

Map showing residence, this has to be a satellite Google map picture showing the latitude and longitude of the house. 

One year of bank statements copies showing the two months, then three months, minimum 800k amount then minimum 400k until two months before the next extension application.

Bank savings book copies showing 1-year history.

1 minute ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

Again, it seems to be different depending on which part of the country you are in.

In Phuket we do not need a residence certificate, the TM30 (done online)  will do instead as I have used it twice so far + TM 47 (done online).

One photo of you outside the house which shows the house number.

Map showing residence, this has to be a satellite Google map picture showing the latitude and longitude of the house. 

One year of bank statements copies showing the two months, then three months, minimum 800k amount then minimum 400k until two months before the next extension application.

Bank savings book copies showing 1-year history.

If only they could all abide by the same rules, then so many would not have problems with visas or extensions  but TIT. then there is this one. ⬇

copy2.jpg.c4aa7ec401eaaac30f34df69c4e18651.jpg.5df4e2da052bdedba08fb97c7ee66130.jpg

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If only they could all abide by the same rules, then so many would not have problems with visas or extensions  but TIT. then there is this one. ⬇

copy2.jpg.c4aa7ec401eaaac30f34df69c4e18651.jpg.5df4e2da052bdedba08fb97c7ee66130.jpg

Exactly, "as requested by the officer" so there is no way of knowing what that is until after you have followed the pamphlet given out to you, got the documents together, and then turned up to see what rings that particular officer will put you through.

Even the pamphlets handed out are different depending on which areas you are in, then, in addition, it is a potluck what happens unless we somehow get hold of a crystal ball?

Maybe the immigration officers throw off their Thai illogical ways when they go to work in London for example, as there everything is clearly defined and you know what is expected to get a visa as it is set in black and white, my last few visas in London were applied for online and were done almost by return of post.

My last visit to the Thai Embassy in London was easygoing, we were told what to bring beforehand, and it took fifteen minutes to order a Thai birth certificate for my half-Thai son who was born in and has lived all his life in England.

That was future planning in order for me to buy a house and the land it sits on in Thailand in his name as he obtained a Thai ID and passport. 

But in Thailand for some reason, the staff could not organize a piss-up in a brewery. 😄

Luckily, they do not do any real science in Thailand otherwise the world would be gone.

But apart from having to do the paperwork once a year, most other things in Thailand are great so overall I am positive about being here. 👍

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I was talking to a friend last night and he can't get a retirement visa because the banks will not let him open a bank account. Can you get a retirement visa with funds in your own country?

Tell him to try different banks and even different branches of the same banks as the clerks there all have a different understanding of who can and can not open a bank account.

I opened a Bangkok Bank in Phuket with a 30-day visa.

It all worked with an ATM, debit card, etc, but I had to get a one-year visa extension before I could use online banking also with the iPhone app.