Purchase Cheap SIM from Lazada etc.

carlyai

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is that your thread?

The op refers to a mentally disabled brother in law.

And from the OP I don't see a high volume influencer.

The op writes about "calling" and again what else then a prepaid 50 Baht SIM is needed! And of course he can "connect" (call) to every network.

But as everybody seems to feed his own thread/needs etc I better stay out here.

Well said. He doesn't like it when, after he has hi-jacked a thread as usual, someone comes along with much more useful input. He was equally obnoxious when he posted under his previous AN moniker of noobexpat. 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Be very careful buying from Lazada if you are not experienced. 

Look at the star ratings, comments and don't buy if shipped from overseas. 

You should get good feedback here from those who have had success. 

I have purchased sim cards from from Lazada,  verified by AIS. 

No problem but i notice the price is about the same as dealing with AIS via 'teiewhiz' outlets directly. 

Caution. Do not use facebook for online purchases. Ever !! 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is that your thread?

The op refers to a mentally disabled brother in law.

And from the OP I don't see a high volume influencer.

The op writes about "calling" and again what else then a prepaid 50 Baht SIM is needed! And of course he can "connect" (call) to every network.

But as everybody seems to feed his own thread/needs etc I better stay out here.

I appreciate your reply. 🙂

I think the BIL wants to view content on the WWW and make phone calls.

He really doesn't know what he's doing with the phone, so I though a 1 year package and if he uses his monthly quota, he just waits but doesn't spend more money. 

15 hours ago, 2k6 said:

Alert! Your internet package will be expired soon. To subscribe current package dial *500*179# for Unlimited internet 10Mbps+Free call any network 30 days 179 Baht. (package will apply immediately) or other add-ons click https://dtac.co.th/s/Pro2 (free link)

I think new customers would be quite happy if they could obtain such a package.

I think it's only for people who already had it. Though it would be good if it works for anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Keeps said:

Well said. He doesn't like it when, after he has hi-jacked a thread as usual, someone comes along with much more useful input. He was equally obnoxious when he posted under his previous AN moniker of noobexpat. 

Hijacking like posting total nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic? In that case you qualify in spades.

The discussion is with concern to cheap 12 month SIM. Do you have any ideas?

If not, please do not try to hijack the thread with your ridiculous and erroneous accusations.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I appreciate your reply. 🙂

I think the BIL wants to view content on the WWW and make phone calls.

He really doesn't know what he's doing with the phone, so I though a 1 year package and if he uses his monthly quota, he just waits but doesn't spend more money. 

I think that's the issue with GoMo. That you can use up the data early and have none left for the rest of the year unless you buy more.

Probably better to have a high monthly amount just in case. Especially if he gets into YouTube music and other media.

19 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I think that's the issue with GoMo. That you can use up the data early and have none left for the rest of the year unless you buy more.

Probably better to have a high monthly amount just in case. Especially if he gets into YouTube music and other media.

That's the problem I want to avoid, us continually shelling out money for recharges. 

3 minutes ago, snowgard said:

But the "No Expired Packages" of GoMo are just AIS WiFi. No real SIM Internet.

I use now the "True Fast 70" for 1.999,-THB/year from Lazada MelonThai Shop.

Works great!!!

https://c.lazada.co.th/t/c.YcsFZZ

You are quite wrong with regard to GoMo. 

Fast 70 has a limited amount of any network calls. Just 60.

Max Speed is better: https://www.alottechs.com/product/simtrue-maxspeed 2GB daily should be enough for YouTube/TikTok etc, together with unlimited calls to any network. 

That would be my recommendation if Truemove H is the best network around there. But I'm slightly concerned about the OP mixing up Terrestrial Internet(TrueOnline/3BB) with mobile networks. So I think he should check as to which mobile network is best around there.

30 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I'm not wrong!!! 
The GOMO 5G No Expired package can use AIS Super WIFI for free in areas with AIS WIFI signal for 365 days.

It's the same problem as with NT Thunder!!! Just WiFi, not a real SIM. If no AIS WiFi avaiable you can't use internet.

The True Fast70 I use almost only for Internet. For calling I use my Happy DTAC now for 16 years. But a refill of 100,-THB is enough money for 2-3 years calling because the most calls gone over line.

Edited by snowgard
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Fast 70 has a limited amount of any network calls. Just 60.

Max Speed is better: https://www.alottechs.com/product/simtrue-maxspeed 2GB daily should be enough for YouTube/TikTok etc, together with unlimited calls to any network. 

That would be my recommendation if Truemove H is the best network around there. But I'm slightly concerned about the OP mixing up Terrestrial Internet(TrueOnline/3BB) with mobile networks. So I think he should check as to which mobile network is best around there.

True has a mobile network tower about 300m from the compound we live in. So I think True would be the prefered network connection. 

3BB is fibre to the router.

Sorry for the mixup.

So probably need a True SIM card.

1 hour ago, snowgard said:

I'm not wrong!!! 
The GOMO 5G No Expired package can use AIS Super WIFI for free in areas with AIS WIFI signal for 365 days.

It's the same problem as with NT Thunder!!! Just WiFi, not a real SIM. If no AIS WiFi avaiable you can't use internet.

The True Fast70 I use almost only for Internet. For calling I use my Happy DTAC now for 16 years. But a refill of 100,-THB is enough money for 2-3 years calling because the most calls gone over line.

You are wrong.

The Super WiFi is in addition to the 4G/5G mobile Internet allowance.

You are also wrong about NT Thunder. That is data supplied via SIM. Nothing to do with WiFi.

The caveat with the NT Thunder SIM is that it is not a 'mobile' service. It is meant to be used in a place that has an existing good signal, as unlike a mobile service that has multiple bands for connectivity whilst moving around, it works only on LTE Band 40. People buying it for use in a mobile situation, have only themselves to blame. It's for fixed point Internet at home.

Edited by NowNow
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

True has a mobile network tower about 300m from the compound we live in. So I think True would be the prefered network connection. 

3BB is fibre to the router.

Sorry for the mixup.

So probably need a True SIM card.

In that case, I would recommend the Max Speed 60(Do not confuse with Fast 60).

Less confusing. Can just call as much as he likes without having to care about to which network he is calling and no need to ever add credit for calling. Hopefully 2GB per day will suffice, as there aren't currently any other reliable 12 month SIM that offer unlimited calls. 

• Thanks 1