Thai Social Insurance payroll deduction for a person over 60 years of age.

I am over 60 years of age and working in Bangkok for a Thai company.

My employer is deducting 750 Baht per month for Social Insurance.

My understanding is that I am not eligible for Social Insurance benefits.

Am I still required to make the the monthly contribution?

Thanks.

Why aren't you eligible for benefits? You should be covered by health care and registered at a specific hospital. Depending on how long you've been working for the company and paying social insurance in Thailand, you'll also be entitled to something when you retire.

8 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Why aren't you eligible for benefits? You should be covered by health care and registered at a specific hospital. Depending on how long you've been working for the company and paying social insurance in Thailand, you'll also be entitled to something when you retire.

I thought that over 60 yo I was ineligible.

So that is what I am asking.

8 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I thought that over 60 yo I was ineligible.

So that is what I am asking.

I believe that as you're still working, you still receive the same entitlements whatever your age. Once you've reached the age of 60, you can continue working but are also entitled to give 30 days' notice of retirement at any point beyond that. You would then be entitled to receive the stipulated severance according to the number of years you've worked for the company. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I believe that as you're still working, you still receive the same entitlements whatever your age. Once you've reached the age of 60, you can continue working but are also entitled to give 30 days' notice of retirement at any point beyond that. You would then be entitled to receive the stipulated severance according to the number of years you've worked for the company. 

Sorry I should have said I was over 60 when I started with this company.

Does that matter?

• Confused 1