The Republican Freak Show

Mazungu

3 minutes ago, harryviking said:

Just listening to Trump makes me sick. He is NOT sane at all.

Chill out. Sit back and enjoy the humor and stickin' to the Dems who've made such a mess the last 4 years.

6 minutes ago, harryviking said:

That is the problem! Non of them are "desirable"!  It is about choosing the one that will create a less damaging result! The lesser evil if you like. We are living in dangerous times, so be wise. Just listening to Trump makes me sick. He is NOT sane at all.

Trump at least has a track record as President. Barring Covid, he would have been re-elected without much trouble in 2020. The economy was rocking, there were no new wars to worry about, and it looked like the Middle East was calming down (Abraham Accords). 

Harris' track record?   

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Chill out. Sit back and enjoy the humor and stickin' to the Dems who've made such a mess the last 4 years.

Ah, there we have it in black and white - the MAGA cult's reason for being; stick it to the Dems. Frankly, if that's your whole motivation you shouldn't be given the honor of having a vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:11 AM, Mazungu said:

When I became old enough to vote I voted Republican in 3 straight presidential elections. In those days there was such a thing as a moderate Republican. Now the GOP would be unrecognizable to Ronald Reagan. Hopefully the GOP can return to some form of normalcy when the Trump era finally ends. 

"The Trump movement is built on layers of lies. It’s late, but it’s never too late to liberate yourself from them. One word of truth outweighs the world."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/09/mark-robinson-rfk-jr-trump/680064/

Trump on Kamala Harris: "Joe Biden became mentally impaired. Kamala was born that way." pic.twitter.com/LeHaBl717z

You have got to love the Trump for his unashamed, unbridled, attack on the diversity hire vice President. Trump in not afraid to call it as he sees it.

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Did you even see the debate?  Harris wiped the floor with Trump.  Wasn't even close.  Not sure how much better Shapiro could have done, but Harris is miles ahead of Trump in terms of intelligence, work ethic, integrity....just about everything. 

Saw it. Trump lost, but not the way you think. He lost his cool and got caught by some clever work by Harris and the moderators. On the facts, he did well. Harris had no answer to any of the important questions.   Instead, she goaded him into imploding.  He shouldn't have taken the bait.  

But it is obvious that the more people hear Harris, the less they like her.  It is hard to see how she can keep running away from the serious issues for another 5 weeks. 

• Agree 1

🇺🇸ELON: TRUMP IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE DEMOCRACY!

“Very few Americans realize that, if Trump is NOT elected, this will be the last election.

If even 1 in 20 illegals become citizens per year… that would be about 2 million new legal voters in 4 years.

The voting margin in swing states is often less than 20,000 votes.

There will be no more swing states!”

Once the whole country is controlled by one party, there will be no escape.

Everywhere will be like the nightmare that is downtown San Francisco.”

Source: X

13 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

All Trump supporters should watch the Jon Stewart monologue today and report back on why he is wrong. 

I like Jon, he is clever and often quite funny. But forgive me if I don't take my political direction from a comedian who often pretends to be a journalist.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:30 AM, Berkshire said:

False equivalency.  The author in the Atlantic article provided many, MANY examples of weirdos running the Republican party.  Perhaps you can do the same regarding the Dems. 

Pelosi. AOC the squad.

Consider that the DNC used to be for middle class.

Now it is for the rich, Hollywood and the far left.

The GOP has always been the religious party.  Kennedy became president as an anomaly catholic 

Both parties still have their roots somewhere you just don't hear about them.

But consider that trump is probably going to set records for percentage of Latin and black votes by a GOP candidate.

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

I like Jon, he is clever and often quite funny. But forgive me if I don't take my political direction from a comedian who often pretends to be a journalist.

That's right you take it from another TV personality and conman.

• Agree 1

Just now, bubblegum said:

That's right you take it from another TV personality and conman.

I do? Who would that be... You are quite the mind reader. A talent that a lot of people on the left seem to think they have. 

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

He is good. He has joked before making it clear he does not consider himself a  journalist. He does a good job though in this one pointing out the flaw in a lot of the key arguments - he's anti war, he's a friend of the workers, he can fix inflation, he has clearer policies than Kamala, etc etc 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He is good. He has joked before making it clear he does not consider himself a  journalist. He does a good job though in this one pointing out the flaw in a lot of the key arguments - he's anti war, he's a friend of the workers, he can fix inflation, he has clearer policies than Kamala, etc etc 

It was always a bit frustrating to me.  I found him to actually be quite a good interviewer when he put in the effort. He is obviously a smart guy and well read.  But he would always fall back on that point- "hey, I'm just a comedian" when he was uncomfortable or when his guest was  making good points. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Trump on Kamala Harris: "Joe Biden became mentally impaired. Kamala was born that way." pic.twitter.com/LeHaBl717z

You have got to love the Trump for his unashamed, unbridled, attack on the diversity hire vice President. Trump in not afraid to call it as he sees it.

He sure does appeal to a very special kind of demographic. Very, very special.

29 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

He calls it like he sees it from his deranged narcissistic mind. Even when it's a lie.  

30 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I don't think  he sees it like that  - he's looking for a narrative that will take off with the masses - clearly many Trump supporters love this sort of dumb blunt rudeness but it likely turns off lots of normal folk.  

37 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Ah, there we have it in black and white - the MAGA cult's reason for being; stick it to the Dems. Frankly, if that's your whole motivation you shouldn't be given the honor of having a vote.

No, there we have in black and white the illogic of the leftist shown in the fallacy of the excluded middle.

But for Dems the whole reason for voting for Harris is that she's not Trump. Has to be, since she has no policies and won't specify any. 🙂 Plus, the record of the past 4 years is miserable. So Harris, Biden, and suck ups such as yourself MUST constantly demonize Trump.

image.png.55f67cc6d32ffc064247897688720369.png

1 hour ago, Inderpland said:

What a bunch of weird and sad little people.

image.png.c136a20111bf6086c6aac9192a76c81d.png

Edited by BigStar
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, radiogeneris said:

🇺🇸ELON: TRUMP IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE DEMOCRACY!

“Very few Americans realize that, if Trump is NOT elected, this will be the last election.

If even 1 in 20 illegals become citizens per year… that would be about 2 million new legal voters in 4 years.

The voting margin in swing states is often less than 20,000 votes.

There will be no more swing states!”

Once the whole country is controlled by one party, there will be no escape.

Everywhere will be like the nightmare that is downtown San Francisco.”

Source: X

Mark Cuban Fact-Checks Unhinged Elon Musk Conspiracy Theory Using Musk's Own Tech

https://x.com/mcuban/status/1840431250344984692

Next.

Edited by Inderpland

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, there we have in black and white the illogic of the leftist shown in the fallacy of the excluded middle.

But for Dems the whole reason for voting for Harris is that she's not Trump. Has to be, since she has no policies and won't specify any. 🙂 Plus, the record of the past 4 years is miserable. So Harris, Biden, and suck ups such as yourself MUST constantly demonize Trump.

No need to 'demonize' Trump. He's a very simple fella that does that to himself every time he opens his orange little potty mouth.

4 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Saying Harris has no policies is like saying Trump has a healthcare plan.

Please don't put words in his mouth. He's said he has 'a concept' of a plan, and to be fair, what more do you expect from him after only having around 9 years to come up with something.

The guy is, after all, a complete moron so please give him a break!

On 9/30/2024 at 8:25 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Our boy had the good sense to bow out gracefully.  Too bad "you [sic] boy" doesn't have the sense to do the same.

Bow out gracefully? Good sense?  Dems must live in a parallel universe

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Wow. Very droll.

I see you lean more towards the "clapter" kind of comedy rather than anything actually humorous. 

It is really pathetic hearing this complete insane braggart that Trump is. The biggest braggart in the universe.
A serious question: Trump said he will cut gasoline princes in half. Do you believe he will achieve this if elected? (In 2015 he promised he would reopen coal mines, which he didn't, still  - probably - these workers will vote for him ....?)

6 minutes ago, Steven55 said:

It is really pathetic hearing this complete insane braggart that Trump is. The biggest braggart in the universe.
A serious question: Trump said he will cut gasoline princes in half. Do you believe he will achieve this if elected? (In 2015 he promised he would reopen coal mines, which he didn't, still  - probably - these workers will vote for him ....?)

No more than I believe any other politician will do everything they say. They are all BS artists. Trump just happens to be better than most- I guess that comes from being a New York City native. 

I just look at past performance. 

2 minutes ago, Steven55 said:

Trump lives in the Universe of attacking the Capitol!!!

who mentioned Trump? i was making the point that Biden was pushed aside kicking n screaming, desperately clinging on to the nomination. in no universe did he 'show good sense and bow out gracefully'.