Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

Just now, NowNow said:

No. There were no links produced until I challenged you and none were useful. Such as removing the cheese or discarding half the bun. Really just nonsense.

Spending more doesn't make it healthier, that's just idiotic.

Just because you're in denial or can't fathom what the links say, doesn't mean they are not useful. You might want to read more and talk less, as I suggested earlier. It's a better way to learn things. Who said spending more was healthier? Not anyone I've seen here. You don't have to leave out the basic ingredients to have a  tasty and healthy burger. You just have to leave some things out.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This means you didn't actually read the links because they do have alternatives and ways to prepare a healthy burger. High quality ingredients in my thinking means healthy. The main one being the beef. I don't eat low quality beef, preferring Australian, Argentinian, Texan or Japanese, along with others I will eventually try. Now you're assuming you actually know thaibeachlovers personally, to know what he has or cooks with. Again, you're assuming you know what anyone does besides those that actually live with you. You don't.

I clearly know more about @thaibeachlovers than you do. You obviously know nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Just because you're in denial or can't fathom what the links say, doesn't mean they are not useful. You might want to read more and talk less, as I suggested earlier. It's a better way to learn things. Who said spending more was healthier? Not anyone I've seen here. You don't have to leave out the basic ingredients to have a  tasty and healthy burger. You just have to leave some things out.

So what should he leave out from his cheeseburger and how should he prepare a Texas BBQ?

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Everything I mentioned can be made at home, and bought in most larger  cities worldwide. New Zealand has excellent beef. Don't put insensitive in my replies as that's not me. I'm here to help. He stated he usually eats only junk food. I suggested better options. It's up to him to do what he wants. That's what advice is about. You can take it or leave it.

When did New Zealand become known for their beef? 😊

You do write some nonsense. You know that, don't you?

• Confused 1

Just now, NowNow said:

So you think that he will suddenly just from cheap hotdogs to expensive beef because you say so? Are you really so full of yourself? It's actually quite funny to see the nonsense you write.

The more you talk, the more I can see you're a very disturbed individual. It appears that you're either drunk or plain dense, or perhaps both. Again, for at least the 4th time. He said he likes mostly junk food. I recommended some food because he also said food to him isn't that tasty unless it has sugar. Again, it's up to him to decide if he wants to try other things. people get into a routine of what they eat because of taste and convenience. most do not follow good healthy lifestyles. This is proven daily all over the world in the obesity rate and the amount of diseases people have, many of those from a poor diet and lack of exercise. My family had diabetes in it, including my son, who's 34, and my brother, who died from a heart attack brought on by diabetes. My aunt had it, along with an uncle. This is one reason I chose to eat healthy. My blood sugar is usually 88, which is low. I'm trying to avoid as many life altering diseases as possible, knowing full well genetics plays a role. I don't write nonsense. You talk nonsense because you aren't getting it.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, what are you babbling on about. I have clearly informed you that I was referring to the raw meat utilised for burgers. If I described it poorly before then I corrected that.

You claimed 14 grams, I guess after cooking. So add the 9 grams of fat from the cheese and that is 23 grams without condiments nor bread.

Maybe you should look more closely at my post, Mr Lawyer. I wrote about saturated fat. You see? It's easy to make errors. What is important is that you do not compound them by arguing stupidly.

I quoted your post verbatim, so I don't see why you are confused. It's very simple. You gave the wrong percentage of fat for a hamburger. I corrected you. Then you fiddled the figures by including the cheese, which you previously said was not included but had to be added separately.

You confused grams and percentages. Your quibbling about figures is not only wrong,, but totally pointless because the recommended daily intake is far in excess of the figure you're quibbling about.

I'd sooner take nutrition advice from Ronald MacDonald than you, frankly. You clearly don't know what youi're talking about.

Of course minced meat has saturated fat, it's not a soybean burger, is it? <deleted> nonsense.

• Haha 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

The more you talk, the more I can see you're a very disturbed individual. It appears that you're either drunk or plain dense, or perhaps both. Again, for at least the 4th time. He said he likes mostly junk food. I recommended some food because he also said food to him isn't that tasty unless it has sugar. Again, it's up to him to decide if he wants to try other things. people get into a routine of what they eat because of taste and convenience. most do not follow good healthy lifestyles. This is proven daily all over the world in the obesity rate and the amount of diseases people have, many of those from a poor diet and lack of exercise. My family had diabetes in it, including my son, who's 34, and my brother, who died from a heart attack brought on by diabetes. My aunt had it, along with an uncle. This is one reason I chose to eat healthy. My blood sugar is usually 88, which is low. I'm trying to avoid as many life altering diseases as possible, knowing full well genetics plays a role. I don't write nonsense. You talk nonsense because you aren't getting it.

I see that you are becoming increasingly agitated and abusive. But your baiting behaviour is only boomeranging back to you.

Just now, NowNow said:

I see that you are becoming increasingly agitated and abusive. But your baiting behaviour is only boomeranging back to you.

I'm actually laughing, as my friends here have been, all along at your replies. You are definitely younger than I am, by your replies,  by 30 or more years.

Just now, NowNow said:

When did New Zealand become known for their beef? 😊

You do write some nonsense. You know that, don't you?

New Zealand has some of the best beef on earth. Grass fed, and in high demand as an export. You do need to read more and talk less.

4 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So what should he leave out from his cheeseburger and how should he prepare a Texas BBQ?

If you actually read what I wrote, plus the links I provided, you would have seen this hours ago.

18 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I quoted your post verbatim, so I don't see why you are confused. It's very simple. You gave the wrong percentage of fat for a hamburger. I corrected you. Then you fiddled the figures by including the cheese, which you previously said was not included but had to be added separately.

You confused grams and percentages. Your quibbling about figures is not only wrong,, but totally pointless because the recommended daily intake is far in excess of the figure you're quibbling about.

I'd sooner take nutrition advice from Ronald MacDonald than you, frankly. You clearly don't know what youi're talking about.

Of course minced meat has saturated fat, it's not a soybean burger, is it? <deleted> nonsense.

No, I told you in my reply that the 20% referred to the fat content of the raw product. Here:

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

No, I wrote that they use (raw) meat with 20% fat for hamburgers. Learn to read and comprehend before replying.

As an aside:

Average man should eat no more than 30g of saturated fat a day. average woman should eat no more than 20g of saturated fat a day.

It's a cheese burger, we need to add the figures for cheese, which is 9g. So the raw meat has 20% fat, but I accepted your figure of 14g cooked. That makes 23g for patty and cheese alone.

The mistake I made was writing 'cheese burger meat' instead of 'minced meat'. Corrected that, but it was still too much for you. Hopefully your brain has adjusted.

Edited by NowNow
  • Sad 1

To be honest, it is a thin line in my opinion right now. I don't even mean the exchange rate as that is still better than it has been in recent times. 

I mean, nowadays to just sit down somewhere for 2 coffee's and lunch is costing easily 300-350 baht and that is mid range. With the exact same money I could basically also get that in many smaller towns in western europe, let alone in southern europe. 

The difference however is that these places look way better, the service is better, the staff also earns much more and the place has much more costs. Yet for some reason they also make a profit in Europe doing this. 

Anyway this was just one simple example, even tho the visa's (for now) are easy again, the new tax doomsday now lingers... Generally speaking the quality is also way lower, even it can be good quality and service at even more expensive places but that is exactly what you get already in average places in europe.

Also if looking at things like buying a second hand car in south europe, renting a decent apartment or house for under 500-600 euro (hard to find even places here unless it are shoe boxes or old and remote houses), groceries for the most part less or same too. It's all cheaper and easier + you can own whatever you want + you can do whatever you want + work whatever you wat.

Not sure how much longer Thailand has the benefit of the doubt to be honest. Makes it hard to decide anything in life here now too, in terms of buying any properties, even to send over money, buying a(nother) motorbike or car, improving furniture at home, not knowing I might need to leave over 180 days from next year, and if so, likely just not live in TH at all except for a holiday each year.

Thailand is just easy as many long stayers live here since decades, it is well established and catering for that. I personally just think it became very boring, except when its a weekend in pattaya, still good fun there. But prices are out of the roof too, hard to enjoy.

Is even cheaper to get a girl in europe for short time nowadays too than what they average quote in Thailand lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

New Zealand has some of the best beef on earth. Grass fed, and in high demand as an export. You do need to read more and talk less.

So your suggestion is that @thaibeachlovers should move from hotdogs, to buying very expensive grass-fed beef? Have I got that right?

Is Thailand Value for money?

If anyone decide to settle down in a foreign country, for the sole purpose of finding it value for money, I think that person is in for a huge unpleasant surprise.

Settling down in a foreign country, there is more than the monitory side - to put it simply, compatibility.

Many people think of the cheaper side and forget all other factors and then starts the endless whining and blaming everyone and everything around. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm actually laughing, as my friends here have been, all along at your replies. You are definitely younger than I am, by your replies,  by 30 or more years.

You are laughing and being abusive at the same time. Impressive for a self proclaimed empath 😊

1 minute ago, ravip said:

If anyone decide to settle down in a foreign country, for the sole purpose of finding it value for money, I think that person is in for a huge unpleasant surprise.

Settling down in a foreign country, there is more than the monitory side - to put it simply, compatibility.

Many people think of the cheaper side and forget all other factors and then starts the endless whining and blaming everyone and everything around. 

Ehh yeah right, well you must live in some bubble then because I can assure you that the main factor was that it gives more value for money. Which became much less already than it was and is at that thin line. That is also the only reason people accept all the nonsense that comes with it. 

Thailand would otherwise be a fun place to visit for holidays, nothing much more. That's actually already the reality of today too.

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If you actually read what I wrote, plus the links I provided, you would have seen this hours ago.

No one is going to go through your useless links.

Just now, NowNow said:

You are laughing and being abusive at the same time. Impressive for a self proclaimed empath 😊

I'm not the one who started this with, you're talking nonsense, rubbish, don't know what you're talking about, I'm in better shape than you, You are. I suggested options. Leave it to him and stay out of it. You aren't his mom.

Just now, NowNow said:

No one is going to go through your useless links.

Meaning you. You asked for proof. I provided it. You guess that New Zealand doesn't have good beef. I provided a link. It's all rubbish to the clueless.

Edited by fredwiggy

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

You're in the wrong thread. This is the cheeseburger thread.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Does "Texas BBQ' have sugar? It seems it does in the sauce. So he going to get the sugar anyway, but he doesn't want it, because he is pre-diabetic. So Texas BBQ without the BBQ sauce and fatty burgers. Seems stupid advice overall. Why not make sensible suggestions in the first place?

15 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, I told you in my reply that the 20% referred to the fat content of the raw product. Here:

It's a cheese burger, we need to add the figures for cheese, which is 9g. So the raw meat has 20% fat, but I accepted your figure of 14g cooked. That makes 23g for patty and cheese alone.

The mistake I made was writing 'cheese burger meat' instead of 'minced meat'. Corrected that, but it was still too much for you. Hopefully your brain has adjusted.

I perfectly understood you meant minced meat. Why do you think I checked the fat values for a hamburger? It was obvious.

The point is your figure for the meat did not check out. It was wrong. The correct figure was given, you accepted it, I accepted you want to add a slice of cheese then you get to 20%. No matter, this is still far, far below the reccomended intake for fat that you should eat even on a low calorie diet. Why are you even arguing about this? It's totally pointless.

Edited by Cameroni

Just now, NowNow said:

Does "Texas BBQ' have sugar? It seems it does in the sauce. So he going to get the sugar anyway, but he doesn't want it, because he is pre-diabetic. So Texas BBQ without the BBQ sauce and fatty burgers. Seems stupid advice overall. Why not make sensible suggestions in the first place?

That's my point. I have been making healthy suggestions. You don't have to load food with sauces. They are there to add al ittle flavor, not to overwhelm. Fatty burgers taste good, but so do lean burgers, if the beef is good quality. When I go home to Texas, and move there eventually, I eat BBQ without sauce. Just the meat and onions, along with some beans. Sauce isn't necessary. The same with steak. A1 is excellent steak sauce, but I only use it once in awhile. I prefer a steak grilled, plain.

Edited by fredwiggy

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not the one who started this with, you're talking nonsense, rubbish, don't know what you're talking about, I'm in better shape than you, You are. I suggested options. Leave it to him and stay out of it. You aren't his mom.

You are the one who started it, by posting nonsense. I simply asked you about it. You then told us how you helped people with their diet and other irrelevant stories....coming up to TWENTY times now. Such a humble empath.

Just now, NowNow said:

You are the one who started it, by posting nonsense. I simply asked you about it. You then told us how you helped people with their diet and other irrelevant stories....coming up to TWENTY times now. Such a humble empath.

I post no nonsense. I try to help others with sound advice. I intend to hurt no one.

10 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ehh yeah right, well you must live in some bubble then because I can assure you that the main factor was that it gives more value for money. Which became much less already than it was and is at that thin line. That is also the only reason people accept all the nonsense that comes with it. 

Thailand would otherwise be a fun place to visit for holidays, nothing much more. That's actually already the reality of today too.

Which became much less already than it was and is at that thin line - with the prices skyrocketing globally, what else can  one expect?

Just now, Cameroni said:

Now I feel like a burger for lunch. You guys are to blame for this.

If I wasn't at home, I would do the same. Been awhile since I drove to Sisaket to have one, but I will surely have some burgers, lasagne, Thanksgiving dinner, BBQ and Mexican food when I go to Texas next month.

Edited by fredwiggy

8 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

You're in the wrong thread. This is the cheeseburger thread.

After reading your post, I went up and checked the title!!! :cheesy:

• Haha 1