How can I see my home security camera on my Mac - is it possible.

Bill Poster

I am running Sonoma 14.50 on a Mac Mini and its connected to my home WiFi router via an ethernet cable.

I have 2 outdoor security cameras ( made by IMOU ) that are connected to the same home WiFI router via ethernet cables.

On a Windows OS laptop connected to the same home WiFi router I can see both those outdoor security cameras using the IMOU application .

There is no IMOU application for the Mac OS .

Any one know if there is a way that I could see the IMOU outdoor security cameras on my Mac Mini  .

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to view the feed from IMOU outdoor security cameras on a Mac. While IMOU does not have a dedicated Mac application, there are several options available:

1. IMOU Cloud via Web Browser: You can access the camera feed using a web browser by logging into the IMOU Cloud service. Go to the IMOU Life website and log in with your account credentials. From there, you can view live feeds and manage your cameras.

2. Third-Party Software (ONVIF-Compatible): IMOU cameras are typically ONVIF-compliant, which means they work with third-party video surveillance software, such as:

VLC Media Player: You can stream the camera feed using the RTSP stream protocol if you know the camera’s IP address and stream URL.

SecuritySpy: A dedicated Mac software for IP cameras that supports IMOU cameras and provides various features such as motion detection and recording.

Blue Iris: This software can also work with IMOU cameras on Mac if set up using a virtual machine or via a network setup.

3. Mobile Apps via Emulator: If you prefer to use the IMOU Life mobile app (available for iOS/Android), you can run it on your Mac using an Android emulator like Bluestacks or NoxPlayer. This allows you to install the mobile app and manage your cameras as you would on a phone.