Save The Children Urges Action on Child Road Deaths in Thailand

webfact

38 minutes ago, paulikens said:

When do Thais walk?🙄  The only time they walk is to their motorbike or car

Au contraire.....   I can effortlessly rack up 10,000 steps in the blink of an eye while trailing behind my wife in a shopping mall - like a bewildered pack mule in a never-ending quest on what should become an Olympic-level endurance event. 

And... then there is this issue...  half the streets are barely navigable by foot... 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1339848-bangkok-streets-to-undergo-significant-improvements/#comment-19282053

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2024 at 11:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

Nowhere else in the world have I seen people consistency take the kinds of chances and risks in the road, that they take here, with their families in the car. Nowhere.

I find Vietnam worse than Thailand for that. 

17 hours ago, Rolo89 said:

I find Vietnam worse than Thailand for that. 

Its ALL of Asia No public safety, there is No education or safety awareness for road safety
the only acceptance to this is Singapore and
Malaysia  the rest of Asia should look to them, its fine for Governments to form committee's and introduce new laws ect, BUT it is ENFORCEMENT  that is required, this will not happen until corruption and a culture change happens Lives are cheap in Asia and nobody cares !!

Thailand is stuck in third-world-dom. 27,000 kids dead in 10 years on the roads and we all know nothing will be done about it. After the shock of this tragedy, you know that next week buses' inspectors will be back to certifying that buses with 11 gas canisters and canisters placed in the passenger compartment are legal. These inspectors will earn 4000 baht for each one of these death traps they allow on the roads. How many more kids will it take. It makes me weep.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, retarius said:

Thailand is stuck in third-world-dom. 27,000 kids dead in 10 years on the roads and we all know nothing will be done about it. After the shock of this tragedy, you know that next week buses' inspectors will be back to certifying that buses with 11 gas canisters and canisters placed in the passenger compartment are legal. These inspectors will earn 4000 baht for each one of these death traps they allow on the roads. How many more kids will it take. It makes me weep.

You are correct !!  I would like to know to what standard Inspectors  are checking vehicles to ?? the only way to check a gas system is by a pressure check and then soap check the joints  bet this is never done as it takes time to ,What are the qualification of the inspectors ??