Unlock Tool-kit For Iphone

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

I just was getting the first Unlock Tool-Kit for Apples iPhone. I'm wonder it is allowed to use this Tool-Kit to unlock the phone features that you can use the phone with your SimCasrd?!

All Suggestions are welcome, special from Moderators. If is allowed I'll place the Tool-Kit on the Download Section.

I just returned from the a short U.S. trip where I had to buy a "pay as you go" sim card phone. It is just an inexpensive Nokia but I thought I could use it here by putting in my Thai sim card. I found the "enter unlock code" message instead.

I was not familiar with this problem so I will add myself to the OP's questions, though not for I Phone. Is it possible to unlock these phones and use here??????

I just was getting the first Unlock Tool-Kit for Apples iPhone. I'm wonder it is allowed to use this Tool-Kit to unlock the phone features that you can use the phone with your SimCasrd?!

All Suggestions are welcome, special from Moderators. If is allowed I'll place the Tool-Kit on the Download Section.

I know unlocking phones is not illegal in most U.S. states and in all of Europe. In the U.S. there exists a case specific judgment on the topic which states that unlocking a phone is not illegal.

I don't think it's possible yet to unlock the iPhone so it accepts any SIM card. So - do you have an iPhone and can you verify your toolkit works? Because I really doubt it.

There is a confusion of terms in what is meant by "unlocking" - hackers have so far been able to break almost all locks on the iPhone - they can now activate the phone without signing up for a contract, they can install applications, add ringtones and wallpapers. But they have not yet been able to break the SIM lock so all this still only works with the AT&T SIM card. The phone will also work as a WiFi device without SIM.

And on ebay they'll sell you an iPhone that you can unlock yourself. The keyboard that is. :o

Edited by nikster

Guest Reimar

No, I don't have the iPhone.

Was just getting the Software today with a bunch of others and may someone like to have the Tool-Kit.

And for myself I even want use an iPhone!

But this Software should unlock the Phone part: Sim-Card and be able to use the iPhone with any GMS SimCard of any Provider. That's all. So if IO get the OK from Mod, I'll place the software on the download. send already a questionaire to some mod.

No, I don't have the iPhone.

Was just getting the Software today with a bunch of others and may someone like to have the Tool-Kit.

And for myself I even want use an iPhone!

But this Software should unlock the Phone part: Sim-Card and be able to use the iPhone with any GMS SimCard of any Provider. That's all. So if IO get the OK from Mod, I'll place the software on the download. send already a questionaire to some mod.

So if you can't try it, how do you know it works? Here is why I am extremely skeptical: There were companies promising to unlock iPhones the day the iPhone hit the market. None of them have been successful. There are many promises out there, but no-one has been able to do it. There's also a large group of hackers working on the unlocking, and they document their progress on a public wiki here:

http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Note that the final step, unlock iPhone, has not been solved yet.

So random software that promises to unlock the iPhone - I think not. Most likely it's one of the toolkits that allows you to change ring tones etc... nice but no unlocking.

Guest Reimar

I haven't tell that it's works! Or have I?

Again for all: I just was getting the software today and who like to have it can get it! OK.

Please do NOT complain to me!

But one thing will be for sure: One day, may today, may tomorrow or may next year there will be a unlock software! And who know's may this one is working as my "supplier" told me! And this software should be for unlock the simcard function only for nothing else!

I note that with the exception of a rumour in India, no one has claimed to have unlocked, as in allowing a non AT&T sim to be usable. Strangely enough it was originally expected that it would be easier to do, it was number 3 on the list of 8 'opening the phone up' options. However, none of this is illegal, and is presently good publicity for Apple. Believe there are a few here now, but they can only be used as iPods+ and WiFi.

Regards

/edit To OP post the software or link to it. It is probably the same as being offered on E-Bay where the honest ones state they can not open sim yet.//

Edited by A_Traveller

Guest Reimar
...this one is working as my "supplier" told me! And this software should be for unlock the simcard function only for nothing else!

2000866289378213508_rs.jpg

Oh, Thanks I wish you something

post-33339-1186328791_thumb.jpg

the toolkit won't do anything yet. The guys @540 and hackint0sh are getting closer all the time, but it will likely be a few more weeks, and it might all be destroyed by Apple via software update once it comes out. I'm back in LOS in a couple weeks, so I am personally hoping that there is more progress so I can uses a local SIM, but I am skeptical.

one of my friends in the states has an iphone and he says they dont use sim cards...but i dont know first hand, if this is the case the phone has to be tuned to the frequency of a sim card.

No the iPhone does use a sim card, it's located on the top edge, I believe, and one has to use a pin or similar to open the carrier. There are a few YouTube videos {oh good <sigh>} showing this.

Regards

What type of phone is it? Chances are you can get it unlocked at MBK. Also consider whether it's a triband phone as that will give you more choices than dual band phone here. You can get it unlocked at MBK or Chinatown. Ask for someone who has a JAF box. I have one myself but I won't have a cable for your phone. Also if it's a really common model you'll find unlock codes on the internet that you can key in yourself.

I know there are people selling iphones at MBK for a very high premium but are they working with either AIS or DAC yet?

I'm sure indexed voicemail won't work. For instance at MBK it's about $1300 USD for the 8gb model.

I just returned from the a short U.S. trip where I had to buy a "pay as you go" sim card phone. It is just an inexpensive Nokia but I thought I could use it here by putting in my Thai sim card. I found the "enter unlock code" message instead.

I was not familiar with this problem so I will add myself to the OP's questions, though not for I Phone. Is it possible to unlock these phones and use here??????

Edited by steffi

What type of phone is it? Chances are you can get it unlocked at MBK.

This phone hasn't been unlocked by anyone so far without disabling the main features of the phone.

Apparently some people have gotten around the lock by using a blank SIM card and a SIM writer - the kit costs about $90. However even the easily excited bloggers at Engadget think that it's too complicated:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/06/sim-hac...atandt-kind-of/

You're not following ... My post was replying to the person who had the pay as you go phone ie. Nokia

there are two parts to this thread.

1. unlocking an iphone

2. unlocking a non-iphone most probably a Nokia model.

My comment was in reference to #2. Read his post again. He thought he could use his sim locked pay as you go phone here but found that he couldn't so I suggested he use a flashing box to get it unlocked if necessary or simply enter the code if found online. For more info I'd need to know what model phone it is.

This phone hasn't been unlocked by anyone so far without disabling the main features of the phone.

Edited by steffi

You're not following ... My post was replying to the person who had the pay as you go phone ie. Nokia

The topic is the iPhone. That must have been what led me astray;)

Edited by cdnvic