Huge markup on imported foods. Why?

giddyup

17 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Premium pure butter and cheese. The original Australian brand. Number 1 brand for 7 consecutive years, originated in Australia since 1869 Allowrie has been making tasty and quality Dairy products from real cow's milk. KCG’s founders, very impressed with Allowrie' s quality & taste, started importing Allowrie to Thailand since 1970.

ALLOWRIE Salted Butter 1 Box (8 g x 100 cups)

When I was at school, I didn't think that I was particularly smart, I just thought the other kids were pretending to be stupid.

But you are not pretending are you?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Fact; Allowrie is an Australian brand manufactured in Australia and impoted to Thailand. And what has Coles butter got to do with the price of kippers.

That's not a fact, it's just something that you just made up and hope people are too stupid or simply don't care enough to correct your fallacies.

I'm glad that you asked me about COLES, as I posted it to try to stop you making a fool of yourself.

20 hours ago, NowNow said:

As an aside, I bought some COLES Australian butter from TOPS the other day. Not only is it named Australian Butter, but it also has a Product of Australia badge.

There was good reason why I posted that.

spacer.png

It not only states that it is Australian butter, but it has an extra badge stating Product of Australia. Ingredients are Australian cream, water and salt. 

Now look at the picture that you posted. Nowhere does it state that it is Australian. I mean nowhere. The ONLY connection to Australia is that historical brand name. Is it beginning to sink in as of yet?

There is likely no Australian connection, ingredients nor influence to that product al all, other than KCG having acquired the right to use the brand name. 

• Sad 1