Fire Kills 11 Cats 5 Others Injured, Owner Shocked by Fire in Room Where 29 Cats Were Kept

Georgealbert

IMG_6394.jpeg

A fire occurred at a house on October 4, in the Klong Gao Hong community on Pracha Uthit 90 Road, Thung Khru district, Bangkok, resulting in the tragic death of 11 cats, while many others were left injured. Five of the surviving cats have been rushed to a nearby animal hospital for treatment, while the rest have been given first aid by veterinarians at the scene.

Police officers from Thung Khru Police Station responded to the emergency call after the fire broke out at a two-story, semi-wooden house, which was quickly engulfed by flames. Firefighters from the Thung Khru fire station arrived promptly and managed to extinguish the blaze. After controlling the fire, they began clearing the smoke to assess the damage.

Upon entering the property, the rescue team was met with a heartbreaking sight. Nine cats were found dead inside the house, while many others were severely injured by the intense heat. Volunteers swiftly worked to save the surviving cats, moving them to safety and providing urgent medical attention. In total, the house owner had 29 cats, with 9 perishing in the fire, one dying later from severe injuries, and one found dead outside the home. Several cats remain unaccounted for, with 12 suffering burns.

Ms. Sirisara, 53, the homeowner and cat owner, expressed her deep sorrow. “I wasn’t home at the time, but my aunt was. I rushed back as soon as I heard about the fire,” she explained. “I had around 29 cats, each in separate cages on the second floor. I’m not sure what caused the fire – whether it was a short circuit or if one of the cats chewed through the wires. I always kept a power strip plugged in, even when I turned off the fan.”

Preliminary investigations have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire. Officials will conduct a thorough investigation to establish the circumstances that led to this incident.

Picture from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-05

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Sad 1

And even bigger shock was caused by everybody who heard about this nut Job owner keeping 29 cats in one room. The real question here is why hasn't this person been institutionalized or given significant amounts of mental health assistance? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

My thoughts too, why were they caged? As you point out, cats need to roam. Had they not been caged they had probably survived. 

It's more like animal abuse than caring for them.

Miss-placed kindness.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And even bigger shock was caused by everybody who heard about this nut Job owner keeping 29 cats in one room. The real question here is why hasn't this person been institutionalized or given significant amounts of mental health assistance? 

The worst thing to happen to cats since dogs.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_6394.jpeg

A fire occurred at a house on October 4, in the Klong Gao Hong community on Pracha Uthit 90 Road, Thung Khru district, Bangkok, resulting in the tragic death of 11 cats, while many others were left injured. Five of the surviving cats have been rushed to a nearby animal hospital for treatment, while the rest have been given first aid by veterinarians at the scene.

Police officers from Thung Khru Police Station responded to the emergency call after the fire broke out at a two-story, semi-wooden house, which was quickly engulfed by flames. Firefighters from the Thung Khru fire station arrived promptly and managed to extinguish the blaze. After controlling the fire, they began clearing the smoke to assess the damage.

Upon entering the property, the rescue team was met with a heartbreaking sight. Nine cats were found dead inside the house, while many others were severely injured by the intense heat. Volunteers swiftly worked to save the surviving cats, moving them to safety and providing urgent medical attention. In total, the house owner had 29 cats, with 9 perishing in the fire, one dying later from severe injuries, and one found dead outside the home. Several cats remain unaccounted for, with 12 suffering burns.

Ms. Sirisara, 53, the homeowner and cat owner, expressed her deep sorrow. “I wasn’t home at the time, but my aunt was. I rushed back as soon as I heard about the fire,” she explained. “I had around 29 cats, each in separate cages on the second floor. I’m not sure what caused the fire – whether it was a short circuit or if one of the cats chewed through the wires. I always kept a power strip plugged in, even when I turned off the fan.”

Preliminary investigations have yet to determine the exact cause of the fire. Officials will conduct a thorough investigation to establish the circumstances that led to this incident.

Picture from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-05

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

Cats playing with matches again

• Haha 1

a friend of my ex is now at 50+ cats

when she sees a stray, she picks it up

neighbors complain, but fall on ....deaf police ears

as usual

no need to neuter or spray them... incest will take care of itself in a few generations

also for the cats