Soldiers in Lopburi camp hospitalised after severe punishment

webfact

image.jpeg

A military camp in Lopburi has come under scrutiny following reports of two soldiers being subjected to severe punishment late at night, leading to their admission into the intensive care unit (ICU).

The soldiers were allegedly ordered to continue working immediately after being discharged from the emergency room. Former candidate for MP in Constituency 10, Chon Buri, for the now-defunct Move Forward Party, Nichanan Wangkahat, received the complaint from a concerned citizen within the camp. The incident reportedly occurred last night.

“Please investigate. These young soldiers were discharged from the ICU at 5am today and were not allowed to rest. They were ordered to continue working. When will the violent punishments end?”

According to the concerned citizen, one of the soldiers was dragged across a concrete floor. Following the incident, families of the soldiers have been unable to contact them, raising suspicions that their mobile phones and Facebook accounts may have been confiscated. The families are deeply worried and have requested the commanding officers to investigate and ensure the safety of the soldiers, as well as to provide a clear explanation of the events.

The situation in the military camp in Lopburi has sparked concern among the families and the community, prompting calls for an urgent review of the disciplinary measures employed within the camp. The alleged use of violence in punishing the soldiers has raised serious questions about the practices and policies in place, and whether they align with the standards of humane treatment and respect for the rights of military personnel, reported KhaoSod.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal
Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 

-- 2024-10-05

news-footer-2.png

image.png

Code Red - not only in the US (A few good men - it the name of the movie). 

Wondering why this country has an army to start with - apart from yearly promotions and a permit for looting for the higher ups. In most other countries the army is called into immediate service and assistance in case of a catastrophe - like the recent floods. They (should) have the (possibly) trained manpower, the (eventually still working) equipment for such major undertakings yet I never heard of anyone calling for the army to serve its country when in need (apart from ridiculous parades and the self-profiling neuroses during children's day at the beginning of the year)

27 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Wondering why this country has an army to start with - apart from yearly promotions and a permit for looting for the higher ups. In most other countries the army is called into immediate service and assistance in case of a catastrophe - like the recent floods.

they need the army to suppress the Thai people into accepting anything the current leader says to do about protesting. also they need it when there is a coup which happens quite often. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The alleged use of violence in punishing the soldiers has raised serious questions about the practices and policies in place, and whether they align with the standards of humane treatment and respect for the rights of military personnel,

Questions, don't expect the answers.

24 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Code Red - not only in the US (A few good men - it the name of the movie). 

Wondering why this country has an army to start with - apart from yearly promotions and a permit for looting for the higher ups. In most other countries the army is called into immediate service and assistance in case of a catastrophe - like the recent floods. They (should) have the (possibly) trained manpower, the (eventually still working) equipment for such major undertakings yet I never heard of anyone calling for the army to serve its country when in need (apart from ridiculous parades and the self-profiling neuroses during children's day at the beginning of the year)

yesterday my wife and I went to the army barracks to visit our son (17) on parents day, (he does army training 2 to 3 weeks a year to reduce his national service at 18) just like last time the separation and experience made him heart warmingly affectionate, quite unlike his normal self.

He told us that the night before he had been put on guard duty by his evening sergeant from 1 to 5 in the morning, being my son he thought <deleted> that for a game of soldiers and slept through till the morning. It didn't go unnoticed, his evening sergeant left orders for the day sergeant to punish him with 80 press ups. The day sergeant took pity on him and said instead he was to run in full kit with a rifle 4 km in the hot sun on a rain drenched field, 1 km for every hour he didn't do guard duty. My son said he would have preferred the 80 press ups. Despite that he seems to be enjoying the camaraderie and army life in general.

While we were sitting talking, the burly evening sergeant came walking around the parents toward us and my son sprang up like a released coiled spring giving him a crisp salute nearly knocking me of my stool, the sergeant returned the salute nodding and smiling as if to say all is forgiven. I'm definitely a fan of the military experience for a young man (not for me at that age though), the disciplinary experience makes a huge difference in character. He is looking forward to coming home and a hot shower, they only get cold showers. Like last year he will be polite and friendly without the teenage bull$hit for at least two weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1