Urgent: Pharmacies that sell HIV PrEP in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area)

Sandboxer

Urgently need to refill my PrEP (forgot to pack it) upon arrival in Bangkok/Sukhumvit tomorrow.

I know I can go to clinics such as Pulse but they require, not sure if for legal reasons or just to add revenue, the customer to do a mandatory test/labs/exam etc. which I do not need as my latest test was yesterday and I'd rather avoid paying for unnecessary services.

Any pharmacies (or clinics that are a little more "flexible" ) in the Sukhumvit area that will sell me any of the PrEP brands (Truvada, or Ricovir/Teno EM)?

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Urgently need to refill my PrEP (forgot to pack it) upon arrival in Bangkok/Sukhumvit tomorrow.

I know I can go to clinics such as Pulse but they require, not sure if for legal reasons or just to add revenue, the customer to do a mandatory test/labs/exam etc. which I do not need as my latest test was yesterday and I'd rather avoid paying for unnecessary services.

Any pharmacies (or clinics that are a little more "flexible" ) in the Sukhumvit area that will sell me any of the PrEP brands (Truvada, or Ricovir/Teno EM)?

Pulse, if you show them your "yesterday's test", it'll cost you about THB 1300. That's all. 

And tell them Ben loves them.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Like 1

Just now, Ben Zioner said:

Pulse, if you show them your "yesterday's test", it'll cost you about THB 1300. That's all. 

Thanks.

It was an Abbot self test kit. Do you think they will accept a pic of me holding it next to my face (all pics taken on smart phone contain metadata that shows date/time etc.), or does it have to be lab-issued/paper document?

image.thumb.png.af3f559297ae7ad7ec0c2290d9d25992.png

image.thumb.png.23fd560d4ebb54516c0d7f30001f5d92.png

4 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Thanks.

It was an Abbot self test kit. Do you think they will accept a pic of me holding it next to my face (all pics taken on smart phone contain metadata that shows date/time etc.), or does it have to be lab-issued/paper document?

image.thumb.png.af3f559297ae7ad7ec0c2290d9d25992.png

image.thumb.png.23fd560d4ebb54516c0d7f30001f5d92.png

Honestly I don't know. But if you are desperate, just go talk to them, they are totally approachable. But are you on daily PREP? or on demand?

In case you were a newbie, having someone to explain things can help. 

Oh I forgot, there are two absolutely essential tests to have: HIV and Kidney function. You don't want to damage your kidneys, and when kidneys are slow the concentration of medicine in the body increases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

But are you on daily PREP? or on demand?

On demand, and only needed about 3-5 times a year as I otherwise live a fairly "responsible" life, so not too worried about kidney/liver and my markers all looked good after last year's blood panel.

Thanks again~~will message Pulse.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

always practice safe sex. and if one is not promiscuous,  then the risk is almost zero. 

1. The risk is also almost zero with PrEP.

2. Some of us, for a myriad of reasons, simply cannot get/sustain an erection with a condom. 

3. Being faithful to one's spouse/partner is a nice ideal in Unicornworld, but the majority of humans fail at it. 

Every aspect of life in Thailand is an elevated risk compared to 1st world western countries. Traffic, guns/knife violence, diseases, etc.

Mitigating those risks as best as we individually can is just common sense. For me, PrEP is a logical way to mitigate (by 99%) one occasional risk aspect of my life.

Edited by Sandboxer