Certificate of Residency in Chiang Mai

I recently went to CM immigration to obtain the CoR. I am on the DTV and want to try and open a bank account and buy a motorbike in my name. They asked me the purpose for the CoR but when I said I want to buy a motorbike, she asked to see the purchase deed of the bike, to which I replied I haven't bought one yet. In that case it was not possible to get the CoR for the motorbike, she said. She could however issue me a CoR for opening a bank account and they would send it to me in 10 to 14 business days. I asked if an expedited option was available (since I read everywhere you can pay 500 baht and get it the next day) and she told me that no, cannot. I still haven't received my certificate thus far (it's been 11 business days).

A few days ago, I finally bought a motorbike. I am still quite confused though about the COR and the "purpose" that one wants it for; will it state on the COR what the its purpose is, and will the transport office refuse it when I try to transfer the motorbike, because its purpose was to open a bank account? Is it better to go back to immigration and get another certificate, even though the first one hasn't arrived yet? And why do all websites and friends here tell me that I can get it the next day for 500 baht and at the office they tell me it's not possible? Should I go at a time that it's not so busy? 😉

1 hour ago, JimmyTobacco said:

I am still quite confused though about the COR and the "purpose" that one wants it for; will it state on the COR what the its purpose is, and will the transport office refuse it when I try to transfer the motorbike, because its purpose was to open a bank account?

First up don't worry that it's been 11 days.

It will arrive.

Don't be concerned about putting down another reason for the COR.

The reason in not shown on the COR..

Old thread mentions 500b for same day process.

https://aseannow.com/topic/956095-certificate-of-residence-chiang-mai/

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up don't worry that it's been 11 days.

It will arrive.

Don't be concerned about putting down another reason for the COR.

The reason in not shown on the COR..

Old thread mentions 500b for same day process.

https://aseannow.com/topic/956095-certificate-of-residence-chiang-mai/

Hi

Thanks.

Alright, I will not request another COR then and will try to use the one that will hopefully soon arrive in order to transfer the bike as well.

Yes, all threads and websites on the CM immigration mention 500 baht for one-day service, but I asked and was told there is no such thing

You can do it with colonel visa for like 1K baht within a day, they send it by grab to your home too. Just need to send photo of copy passport and visa page via LINE.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, JimmyTobacco said:

Yes, all threads and websites on the CM immigration mention 500 baht for one-day service, but I asked and was told there is no such thing

In CM you need to know who and where to ask.

50 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

In CM you need to know who and where to ask.

Thanks. It seems like before though, it was possible to get the expedited service at the desk at the immigration for just 500 baht. I don't know where that money went, but it might be that they changed their policy a bit ...

58 minutes ago, JimmyTobacco said:

Thanks. It seems like before though, it was possible to get the expedited service at the desk at the immigration for just 500 baht. I don't know where that money went, but it might be that they changed their policy a bit ...

Maybe central festival still does that, not sure about that but remember it used to be possible to go there yourself for 500 too.