Luxembourger Arrested for Illegally Guiding Tourists on Rattanakosin Island

webfact

I am wondering when Thailand will end this silly law that a foreigner can't  do a job that Thais can do.. It would be much easier to get work permits, but the outdated protective law makes applying for work permits very difficult, Even volunteer work with no payments need work permits.. so please review the law to the 21st century.. Now wonder the economy stays behind.. Thailand is not an welcoming country  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering when Thailand will end this silly law that a foreigner can't  do a job that Thais can do.. It would be much easier to get work permits, but the outdated protective law makes applying for work permits very difficult, Even volunteer work with no payments need work permits.. so please review the law to the 21st century.. Now wonder the economy stays behind.. Thailand is not an welcoming country  

Yeah specially knowing the education here is just nonsense and there is no skilled workers, or even people who just do their jobs good if they are low end. If they did their jobs at the most best, and had the most competitive prices, this guy would never have been there doing it.

It's super silly how they keep being ignorant, until it will be too late, and then they allow it when few are still interested.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I agree, imagine being able to give driving lessons, or inspect BUSES or be a mechanic for all vehicles, we can't have any of that Thais are so much better than us Falang .

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

If you have proper qualifications, there are loads of jobs out here which a foreigner can do.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon his arrest, Frederich admitted to the charges, stating he did not possess a license to operate as a tour guide in Thailand. Authorities discovered that Frederich had been actively promoting his services as a guide to tourists, despite lacking the required work permit and guide license under Thai law.

Bye...

silly law indeed, what if you want someone in your own language or someone that can actually speak understandable angrit... any bargirl can be a tourist guide without license... hey, why not license the whole industry to cut out the rotten apples, oh no, brown envelopes fix that

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you have proper qualifications, there are loads of jobs out here which a foreigner can do.

It is not about qualifications as a lot of Thais lack it ... It is that it is not allowed to do a job a Thai can do, and as all Thais can do everything, you need almost a university degree and dozens of copies to hop that you can get a job...

8 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I'd say someone ratted him out. Likely a competitor or another guide. 

I wonder if you'd get done for 'showing' friends about?  

thank you captain obvious

The investigation began when Yongyot Samransuk, head of the Tour Business and Guide Registration Office, informed authorities about a foreign national allegedly guiding tourists without proper authorization.

1 minute ago, madone said:

thank you captain obvious

Luv your sarcasm. 

And who would have told the head of the tour business because as sure as the sun rises he personally wouldn't have known squat otherwise. 

Or what's that phrase... No sh*t Sherlock! 

2 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

You have five family members from overseas that come for visit and expect you to show them the sights. Where do you draw the line?

It probably makes a little difference if you don't operate from a tour office and charge money for your services.  File this alongside painting your own house and  cutting your own grass.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah specially knowing the education here is just nonsense and there is no skilled workers, or even people who just do their jobs good if they are low end. If they did their jobs at the most best, and had the most competitive prices, this guy would never have been there doing it.

It's super silly how they keep being ignorant, until it will be too late, and then they allow it when few are still interested.

9 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I'd say someone ratted him out. Likely a competitor or another guide. 

I wonder if you'd get done for 'showing' friends about?  

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

There are many countries in the world that only allow local nationals to work as tour guides. When Thai tour groups go to Europe and other places they must take a local guide while the Thai group leader is only allowed to translate.

41 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

There are many countries in the world that only allow local nationals to work as tour guides. When Thai tour groups go to Europe and other places they must take a local guide while the Thai group leader is only allowed to translate.

Which countries do you talk about?? give some examples please..And besides that.. how many Thais have any knowledge of the history, the sightseeing of the countries they visit or even understand some English

Edited by ikke1959