Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Inderpland

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

She can't be that stupid as she is a US senator.

IMHO the really stupid ones, are the voters who elected her to represent them.

Oh dear - since when is not being stupid a requirement for upper-level US government official, at both sides of the ailes? If that really is the best selection from a third of a billion people, the best s*cks big time.

11 hours ago, candide said:

So a guy evoked this possibility 9 years ago. And since then it has fallen into oblivion and no scientific experiment to divert a major storm has ever been reported.

Evidently not complete oblivion. The VDO concerned targeting individual clouds but not a "major storm".

20 hours ago, nauseus said:

All weak links, misquoting MTG, then blowing things up way out of proportion - maybe the Beast uses lasers for that?

Local weather can be controllable to a certain extent - cloud "seeding" to (induce rain) has been done by the RTAF here for decades.

But control of hurricanes?  No. 

Sad response because the links fail to support both MTG and you. If you are refuting the links, why not add your own links explaining WHY those links are weak.

Or are you denying that she actually said that?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about her claims. But when a disaster film appears it is often based on secret government projects or on possible natural disasters. In my opinion, the US Military most probably has a secret project to try to manipulate the weather through satellites as part of warfare. Surely, someone in the US Military has thought about finding a way to flood China with a mass of hurricanes and has got funding for it. ... You may have watched the film "Geostorm" made in 2017. In the end, the project "Dutch Boy"  went badly wrong and nearly destroyed mankind. 

• Haha 1

I don't know about her claims. But when a disaster film appears it is often based on secret government projects or on possible natural disasters. In my opinion, the US Military most probably has a secret project to try to manipulate the weather through satellites as part of warfare. Surely, someone in the US Military has thought about finding a way to flood China with a mass of hurricanes and has got funding for it. ... You may have watched the film "Geostorm" made in 2017. In the end, the project "Dutch Boy"  went badly wrong and nearly destroyed mankind. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Inderpland said:

Really? Was that how then VP Pence remembers it too?

well if he was a VP of the so called 'strongest country' in the world, he should be able to withstand a few people chanting 100's of metres away. 

• Haha 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

well if he was a VP of the so called 'strongest country' in the world, he should be able to withstand a few people chanting 100's of metres away. 

He did, no thanks to the insurrectionist president.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, theblether said:

You mean the laptop where the FBI admitted under oath in a court of law that the contents of the laptop were real? And Hunter was convicted? 

Hunter owned a Laptop.  Hunter was convicted on gun charges. True Statements. You sound a little too desperate when you try to imply they were in some way related. Try something else.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Evidently not complete oblivion. The VDO concerned targeting individual clouds but not a "major storm".

It was claimed that the guy was saying that 'floods and hurricanes are all subject to manipulation'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, impulse said:

If the FBI and MSM hadn't covered up the laptop, there would be someone else sitting in the White House.  And you could all be real happy his last term is almost over.

Blame Giuliani for that. The MSM did not cover anything up.

They were not given a copy of the laptop to authenticate it. After they finally got a copy, they analysed it and authenticated it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Dan O said:

I never said she was right or that the Harp experiments controlled the weather. I clearly said if that's where she got any info she took it completely out of context. 

No. You said, "partially right". Which she was not.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Sad response because the links fail to support both MTG and you. If you are refuting the links, why not add your own links explaining WHY those links are weak.

Or are you denying that she actually said that?

If you bother to read then I've already said what is wrong with the links.

I don't know what she actually said because there is no VDO or direct transcript.

But what there is suggests just "weather", not necessarily hurricanes.

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I seem to recall DJT suggesting a nuclear blast for eliminating hurricanes. Or at least changing their course with a Sharpy.

Well when your memory improves you might post a link to that.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, candide said:

It was claimed that the guy was saying that 'floods and hurricanes are all subject to manipulation'.

It was claimed that the guy was saying...

22 hours ago, frank83628 said:

probably something like this, if you listen just at the end he says 'floods and hurricanes are all subject to manipulation', that was 9 years ago too, how has technology advanced in that time.  

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It was claimed that the guy was saying...

Please settle this matter with your pal frank, He's the one who made that claim! 😃

• Agree 1