CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

snoop1130

13 hours ago, motdaeng said:

thailand faces one major issue: corruption! regardless of the area that needs urgent improvement, deeply entrenched corruption,

often passively accepted by many thai people, obstructs progress.

thailand's biggest battle was and will be against corruption, as everything is interconnected. without addressing or at least reducing corruption, nothing will improve in the long term ...  it has nothing to do with a lack of education or not existing laws; it's purely about corruption!

Sadly you are correct but it has everything to do with education which doesnt really exist in government schools.

People are given just enough to feel the government care to follow not to lead. That being said you can never rise up and threaten the protest in the past nothing as soon as the spoil brats are threatened it all goes away.

If you arent given choices how do you complain when one has no clue what they are missing.

So now they are using the meters to test, as I said they should/could, now make it law that all gas vehicles have a gas detector fitted, with a buzzer in the cab, they are less than $100 each. But of course the tests here are just cursory inspections, the air brake systems (should) have buzzers/gauges but they never test them. They never use jacks and levers to check anything either.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

No. It's not a start. It's just more reactionary BS to look good. Never happen in any meaningful way. TIT. Out of control bus crashes and kills 30  people. Brakes blamed. What happens? Nothing, apart from the driver being investigated/charged and money changing hands on the quiet. A true start will happen only when a progressive government is in control and hopefully can get rid of the endemic corruption in this country which starts at the top. 

Well that will never happen... We've lived in other Asian Countries as well.. Such a shame and mind-blowing how they simply don't care how anyone or any vehicle is operated on any road way.  There's NO Law and order in Asia when it comes to Transportation Period. 

Where do you start: No Driving license,

No proper Tag, No Insurance, No Noise level, No Passenger limit (7 on a bike or 25 in a 15 passenger van) No Driving In the wrong direction, No driving on the wrong side... I mean when you an ride your Suit Case on the highway (this litteray just happen google it) what does that tell you..  All I can say is 10 and 2 and drive safely my friend..

“Operators of these vehicles are required to bring them for inspection at Land Transport Offices nationwide, free of charge.”

Operators will voluntarily bring their vehicles for inspection?  Wishful thinking!

Once inspected, how will they be visually identified as having been inspected?  Windscreen sticker?  New option for scammers to make a few baht, counterfeit stickers available soon.  Inspectors stationed at all filling stations?  Some with their hands out before confirming compliance.  Road blocks (check points) and permanent markings in

vehicle registration books might help.   

39 minutes ago, WoodyKenny said:

Well that will never happen... We've lived in other Asian Countries as well.. Such a shame and mind-blowing how they simply don't care how anyone or any vehicle is operated on any road way.  There's NO Law and order in Asia when it comes to Transportation Period. 

Where do you start: No Driving license,

No proper Tag, No Insurance, No Noise level, No Passenger limit (7 on a bike or 25 in a 15 passenger van) No Driving In the wrong direction, No driving on the wrong side... I mean when you an ride your Suit Case on the highway (this litteray just happen google it) what does that tell you..  All I can say is 10 and 2 and drive safely my friend..

Well Singapore and Malaysia are in Asia  and i can assure you they have Law and Order when it comes to Transportation   so i think you need to get you facts straight 

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Hate, the post is right on mark!

What is hate and naivety you live under a rock.

Maybe more lives dying being burned alive in this case what is missing from the photo of burning bus close your eye is the cry screaming  of help the pain from these little kids being burned alive.

You so in love of exchange rate to your advantage you are part of the problem.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Hate, the post is right on mark!

What is hate and naivety you live under a rock.

Maybe more lives dying being burned alive in this case what is missing from the photo of burning bus close your eye is the cry screaming  of help the pain from these little kids being burned alive.

You so in love of exchange rate to your advantage you are part of the problem.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Safe for the day of the inspection... after that what happens... nothing again.

40 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Well Singapore and Malaysia are in Asia  and i can assure you they have Law and Order when it comes to Transportation   so i think you need to get you facts straight 

Splitting hairs?

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

No. It's not a start. It's just more reactionary BS to look good. Never happen in any meaningful way. TIT. Out of control bus crashes and kills 30  people. Brakes blamed. What happens? Nothing, apart from the driver being investigated/charged and money changing hands on the quiet. A true start will happen only when a progressive government is in control and hopefully can get rid of the endemic corruption in this country which starts at the top. 

Every journey starts with the first step 👍

38 minutes ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Good now remove all corruption practices from the inspection and testing process . Only needs now a stringent testing process for Bus and Coach drivers, might have a chance of suceeding 

Do you know What the testing procure is I very much dought it   do you know the relevant Standard Gas system are Inspected to

9 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Proof 

If I had proof, I would be in on the scam.

I have to assume you have not been in Thailand very long, as some of your comments show complete naivety. No doubt time will change your mind, possibly?

• Agree 1

Know-it-all Mikeanddow asked me in a previous article '

On 10/8/2024 at 2:06 PM, MikeandDow said:       "please state your facts what are the regulations for old buses  no answer you just bs-"

So and why are old buses now being examined to see whether they comply with the regulations? 
I think the above post says it all, only know-it-alls remain know-it-alls and don't admit their stupidity.

4 minutes ago, BerndD said:

Know-it-all Mikeanddow asked me in a previous article '

On 10/8/2024 at 2:06 PM, MikeandDow said:       "please state your facts what are the regulations for old buses  no answer you just bs-"

So and why are old buses now being examined to see whether they comply with the regulations? 
I think the above post says it all, only know-it-alls remain know-it-alls and don't admit their stupidity.

Yes I do know About Quality and Inspection been doing it for 25ys or more As a Quality Manager  And did you do your research in regard to the Standards and inspection criteria  you might learn something

13 minutes ago, Surasak said:

If I had proof, I would be in on the scam.

I have to assume you have not been in Thailand very long, as some of your comments show complete naivety. No doubt time will change your mind, possibly?

if you have no proof why post rubbish then ?? and there you go again Assumption assumption

Edited by MikeandDow

16 hours ago, motdaeng said:

thailand faces one major issue: corruption! regardless of the area that needs urgent improvement, deeply entrenched corruption,

often passively accepted by many thai people, obstructs progress.

thailand's biggest battle was and will be against corruption, as everything is interconnected. without addressing or at least reducing corruption, nothing will improve in the long term ...  it has nothing to do with a lack of education or not existing laws; it's purely about corruption!

It's not a lack of education that should be worried about  - it's the education the kids get IN corruption that implies it's a way of life here that is the worrying thing!