Recommendations for Hotels and Things to See in Hanoi

Three of our children will be visiting from the US in December and want to have a family holiday. My wife and kids are keen to go somewhere outside of Thailand.  One daughter has suggested Hanoi.

Can anyone give hotel recommendations or suggestions for activities and things to see?  I think we'd plan on spending three nights there.

Go up the tower of the Lotte Department Store in central Ha Noi, not the one at West Lake, and take the VR glider ride. Good views of the city also.

For a day trip out go up Fransipan mountain.

Wander round the streets of the old quarter. There's a tour around the old quarter from the top end of Hoan Kiem Lake, in golf carts, not expensive.

Go to the Water Puppet Show, again at the top end of HK Lake.

Edited by PattayaParent
  • Thanks 1

14 days?

Go to Huong Pagoda, a day trip out of Ha Noi.

Ninh Binh also a day trip, "Ha Long Bay on Land"

Ha Long bay of course for a few days.

Sa Pa

When I used to stay in hotels in Ha Noi I'd find one around Hoan Kiem Lake area. Hang Hanh street has a few (Lakeside Palace, Holiday Lake View) and some nice local restaurants too, my favourite of which now seems to have been renamed Hollywood, I just hope the owners are the same when I get back there.

On 10/10/2024 at 6:35 AM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Three of our children will be visiting from the US in December and want to have a family holiday. My wife and kids are keen to go somewhere outside of Thailand.  One daughter has suggested Hanoi.

Can anyone give hotel recommendations or suggestions for activities and things to see?  I think we'd plan on spending three nights there.

In Dec I would suggest you look at HCMC rather than Hanoi, weather would be much better.

Plenty to see in the city and worth taking the boat over to Vung Tau.