Internet connection

My internet connection is with a true sim card,70 gig a month from Lazada,and a dongle,  the connection used to be good but at the moment its crap.

On saying that after a storm the other night downloading at 24 MPS

Is there a better network than True I live NaJomtien near Silverlake area

Thanks

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

I'm not sure if you can make blanket statements like that.  I think it can vary from location to location and in different regions of the country.  You are not always going to get the same signal strength from two different providers for any given location so that is another variable.

you missed the bit about trial and error

My wife's village is out in BFE, I have found AIS to be the best mobile data provider out there. ( She had another provider when we met,  but dropped them ) The family ( brothers, sisters, etc ) in BFE also use AIS for mobile and home WiFi

NOTE: BFE = the nearest town of any size is 1+ hour away @70+kph

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you missed the bit about trial and error

A SIM with a one month package does not cost a fortune.

I suggest to start trial with AIS.

I once had a DTAC one year SIM. On the road it had more outages than the AIS (GOMO) that I have now.

To the OP:

It sounds like the SIM is used stationery at home? In a SIM router or in the mobile phone? A SIM router with antenna and we'll placed can make a difference.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i found True to be unreliable, AIS the best, DTAC a good second

DTAC and True are one and same company since they merged, a process completed in March 2023. You're left with AIS if True-DTAC signal is weak in your area. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

A SIM router with antenna and we'll placed can make a difference.

Thanks for the idea. Will need to renew my unlimited data packs on my main and backup mobile soon. Have True and AIS. Year before last had NT Thunder for only 999 baht. It worked in around 50% of places when out and about. Good enough for me as a backup. However, it didn't work at home. SIM router plus aerial might make all the difference?

3 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

DTAC and True are one and same company since they merged, a process completed in March 2023. You're left with AIS if True-DTAC signal is weak in your area. 

No. TruemoveH and DTAC use different frequencies.

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for the idea. Will need to renew my unlimited data packs on my main and backup mobile soon. Have True and AIS. Year before last had NT Thunder for only 999 baht. It worked in around 50% of places when out and about. Good enough for me as a backup. However, it didn't work at home. SIM router plus aerial might make all the difference?

Unlikely. Plus there is no more NT Thunder 12 months. 1,3 & 6 month SIM are being phased out.

Truemove H and NT are the only ones left with Unlimited 15 Mbps packs. Truemove H from 2500. NT from 1650 baht. 

AIS 15 Mbps has a monthly limit of 100GB and costs 2750 baht.

GoMo is an way to obtain Unlimited 15 Mbps from AIS. 259 baht monthly.

FinnMobile is a way to get Unlimited 20 Mbps from DTAC.

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Because maybe you would enlighten us all as to what the frequencies are ?

Not unless there is good reason. These things take time. So...why?

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

These things take time. So...why?

Well you have taken the time x 3 not to mention the frequencies  

wouldn't it have taken less time just to tell everyone what the frequencies are ?

any way  taking some of my very precious time I'll reveal the secret :w00t:

DTAC seem to operate on  850,1800,2100  and a "new" 2300 Mhz frequencies

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/network/dtac-2300mhz.html

Where as True seems to operate on 850,900,1800,2100 and 2500 Mhz.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/truemove-h-thailand

so the differences seem to be 900 mhz (legacy ?)  and 2300/2500 mhz (5G bands ? )

🙏

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

No. TruemoveH and DTAC use different frequencies.

Not what True Corp. claims. They launched the single grid network in November 2023 and, if not fully deployed by now, it's just a matter of time.

SeeTrue Corporation’s Nationwide ‘Single Grid’ Network: Boosting Speed, Signal Strength and Coverage while Reducing Greenhouse Emissions with AI - True Blog (dtac.co.th)

Edited by AndreasHG