Is there new Covid cases in Thailand?

GypsyT

I just received US offer for vaccination test package for free. Vaccinations are free too.

Should I take it?

"It is especially important to get your 2024–2025 COVID-19 vaccine if you are ages 65 and older, are at high risk for severe COVID-19, or have never received a COVID-19 vaccine."

Edited by GypsyT
  • Haha 1

BP has an article today stating that vulnerable groups (over 60 or with preexisting conditions like diabetes, HT, obesity - so the typical AN member) should continue vaccinations. 

Thailand has more covid than any other country in South East Asia.

This year,  so far 700,000 infections,  48,000 hospitalized,  205 deaths. 

That's much better than it used to be, but compare it to influenza:

490,000 infections,  36 deaths.

(That's influenza,  not some banal upper respiratory infection whith an adenovirus. If you have ever known someone with influenza, you know it's a real disease.  Covid is worse,  it's not gone away and it wont go away).

I will get my next shot soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

There still are those who don't believe Covid is for real...

You can't cure stupidity.

I lost 4 good friends for Covid and two are in poor heath since infection. Lungs are gone 75%.

I was in bed for 4 months first time (got in Thailand and took the last flight by Norwegian to EU) and 2 months the second. The 3rd one wasn't that hard but after effects are with me for ever.

So YES, I go to get it. I was hesitant because I got the 3rd right after Covid shot. The doc said "That's the way meds work - you get the covid and body builds resistance".

• Confused 1