August 2024: Texas removed over 1 million ineligible voters

riclag

Wow over 1 million since 2021

Election integrity is essential to our democracy,” said Governor Abbott.  These reforms have led to the removal of over one million ineligible people from our voter rolls in the last three years, including noncitizens, deceased voters, and people who moved to another state. The Secretary of State and county voter registrars have an ongoing legal requirement to review the voter rolls, remove ineligible voters, and refer any potential illegal voting to the Attorney General’s Office and local authorities for investigation and prosecution. 

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-announces-over-1-million-ineligible-voters-removed-from-voter-rolls

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I got removed in Texas.

So I had to fly there and hand deliver some form to get reinstated. According to their web site, I am now a registered voter again.

As you should have been, once you no longer maintained Texas as your residence.  How does Texas know you weren't (and aren't) also voting in other jurisdictions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

As you should have been, once you no longer maintained Texas as your residence.  How does Texas know you weren't (and aren't) also voting in other jurisdictions?

My residence has been Texas for over 5 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

My residence has been Texas for over 5 years.

Which begs the question, why are you posting so much on a Thai centric website? 

If you changed your residence address, you have to change your DL within a specified time, or it's no longer valid.  Ask me how I know that...

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Which begs the question, why are you posting so much on a Thai centric website? 

If you changed your residence address, you have to change your DL within a specified time, or it's no longer valid.  Ask me how I know that...

Where anyone lives begs absolutely no question when it comes to posting on this forum. None whatsoever. Just ask the mods.

Capeesh?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, riclag said:

Wow over 1 million since 2021

Election integrity is essential to our democracy,” said Governor Abbott.  These reforms have led to the removal of over one million ineligible people from our voter rolls in the last three years, including noncitizens, deceased voters, and people who moved to another state. The Secretary of State and county voter registrars have an ongoing legal requirement to review the voter rolls, remove ineligible voters, and refer any potential illegal voting to the Attorney General’s Office and local authorities for investigation and prosecution. 

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-announces-over-1-million-ineligible-voters-removed-from-voter-rolls

Sounds eminently sensible to me...... is this supposed to be contentious ?

6 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Where anyone lives begs absolutely no question when it comes to posting on this forum. None whatsoever. Just ask the mods.

Capeesh?

That's true.  But it does allow some of us to put you guys in the same category as skankhunt42.  I don't have an ignore list, but I do have posters I don't bother to respond to.  Not on a serious basis anyway.  Admittedly, I will occasionally toss ya'll some chum.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's true.  But it does allow some of us to put you guys in the same category as skankhunt42.  I don't have an ignore list, but I do have posters I don't bother to respond to.  Not on a serious basis anyway.  Admittedly, I will occasionally toss ya'll some chum.

So you sort posters into categories based on where (they say) they live? Weird.