Its too expensive I may leave

georgegeorgia

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Seems a lot of trouble 

Do you rent ?

FFS just spray Exit mould in there

Reminds me the guy at work who spends his Saturday night off polishing his stove 

Do you call the clean up Trouble?

I clean up my bathroom thoroughly simply because I like to do so.

As I value where I stay(have lived for many years).

That's all.

3 hours ago, Presnock said:

Well, the response to this is that expats should avoid those restaurants charging the western prices.  Tourists will see this too and learn to avoid those restaurants because they can only support the restaurant with foreigners as locals cannot afford western prices.  Once tourists and expats do avoid the restaurants, they will have problems unless they lower their prices so will hav e to close or let workers leave.  That is why in the west, competition means that restaurants have to offer better prices if they want to keep their customers or those folks will go to the cheaper place for the same type meal.

And if the Thai economy was entirely built on restaurant pricing then you might have a point.

You may not have noticed but the Thai authorities don't seem to be bothered about pricing out the cheap charlies be they tourists or migrants.

There are plenty of other destinations where someone on a modest income can live comfortably but Thailand is falling off that list.

The country isn't a retirement home for impecunious westerners any more.

On 10/16/2024 at 6:25 PM, Lacessit said:

easy enough for a single person to live in Thailand on that.

Yes, I agree, in fact an elderly friend has raised 2 kids on it. It's still quite a way short of the 65k required for an extension tho. So they need 800,000 baht in the bank, 400k of which has to be there for the year. 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Seems a lot of trouble 

Do you rent ?

FFS just spray Exit mould in there

Reminds me the guy at work who spends his Saturday night off polishing his stove 

To be fair you come across as a bit of a stove polisher yourself.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, retarius said:

Thailand has become poor value for money. Unless you smoke heavily, drink heavily in pubs, and eat Thai food, it is very expensive.

You would be eating your words if you had to buy or rent housing in Australia.

The average rent at the condo where i live ( swimming pool, shop, restaurant ) is 7500 baht/month. Show me anywhere else in the world where it is that cheap in a city.

2 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

And if the Thai economy was entirely built on restaurant pricing then you might have a point.

You may not have noticed but the Thai authorities don't seem to be bothered about pricing out the cheap charlies be they tourists or migrants.

There are plenty of other destinations where someone on a modest income can live comfortably but Thailand is falling off that list.

The country isn't a retirement home for impecunious westerners any more.

If yuo recall, last year the big news in local media was the fact that a cup of coffee at Starbucks was more expensive here in Bangkok than it was in Gerrmany!  Unreal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Presnock said:

If yuo recall, last year the big news in local media was the fact that a cup of coffee at Starbucks was more expensive here in Bangkok than it was in Gerrmany!  Unreal.

coffee bean imports are likely higher in Thailand than Germany.

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

They are normally free in Australia. Your link is American. 

They are free for pensioners and if you can't find a bulk billing doctor you pay for the doctor and never get the full amount back 

Just now, still kicking said:

They are free for pensioners and if you can't find a bulk billing doctor you pay for the doctor and never get the full amount back 

The blood test is  normally bulk billed and free for one and all. But I suppose if you take the doctor referral into account then it's not necessarily free. 

7 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The blood test is  normally bulk billed and free for one and all. But I suppose if you take the doctor referral into account then it's not necessarily free. 

Agree