Transfer ownership of bike from another province

Hi.

What is the process for transferring a second-hand motorbike from another province and which documentation should I bring? I was made aware by someone that I will need to visit the DLT twice: once to transfer the bike from the old to the new province, and then, a few days later, to transfer the ownership of the bike to my name. I was also made aware that the seller does not need to come (he lives quite far away) but will need to provide me all documentation (signed copy of ID and tabien baan) twice, once for the transfer of the province, and once for the transfer of the ownership.

Has anyone done this kind of transfer before?

You'll need a power of attorney; use the standard Thai-form that you can buy in paper-shops. And yes, signed photo copies of ID-card and house book. Always check what the local Land Transport-office wish of paperwork for transferring it to a new owner, before buying any vehicle second hand.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

You'll need a power of attorney; use the standard Thai-form that you can buy in paper-shops. And yes, signed photo copies of ID-card and house book. Always check what the local Land Transport-office wish of paperwork for transferring it to a new owner, before buying any vehicle second hand.

I would go to the DLT to get the POA forth from them, as some government offices have specific forms for specific tasks.

31 minutes ago, papa al said:

Pay a m/c shop or inspection station to handle the transaction.

That would be the easiest way. They'll have the forms needed and know what documents you need.