Trump will go after his perceived enemies

Mazungu

11 hours ago, theblether said:

You just posted that there's no evidence, no you are saying it's extremely rare? 

Which one is it? 

One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to a Trump win is that it'll free up the MSM to report on election irregularities, like they did after every election up until 2020. 

Nothing had really changed, but that one became the "fairest and most secure" in the history of democracy.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, theblether said:

Yeh, it's called The Ferguson Effect, also known as The Floyd Effect. 

Look, I can't make up my mind if you are truly stupid or just incapable of basic research. So let me ask you a question - do you remember anyone calling for "defunding the police" in 2020? 

Well, the Ferguson effect is a thesis. Not proven. And of course Trump claims that such high crime rates wouldn't occur with him in office and that he can reverse them. Still, in a way, you make an excellent point. There are lots of things that happen that are outside Presidents' control and/or have nothing to do with them. Yet, while the negative things are explained away by their supporters, they give them credit for the positive things. So, according to Trump supporters, the sharp rise in crime  that occurred during his tenure was not his responsibility. But the good performance of the economy was down to him even though trendlines show no significant alteration. Another claim is that various violent conflicts wouldn't have arisen if Trump were in office even though his policy of America First is based on strong opposition to intervention in such conflicts. And so on. There's a kind of doublethink at work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to a Trump win is that it'll free up the MSM to report on election irregularities, like they did after every election up until 2020. 

Nothing had really changed, but that one became the "fairest and most secure" in the history of democracy.

Really? There were widespread reports of election fraud. That votes had been deliberately miscounted via rigged voting machines? That a nationwide conspiracy had handed the election to the actual loser? Making things up much?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2024 at 4:41 PM, Mazungu said:

Feel free not to respond to any of my posts. There's no charge for not responding. 

Feel free to put me on ignore. There is no charge for doing so.

It's an open forum so I get to respond to any posts I choose to do so with.

• Love It 1