Dutch Tourist Hurls Objects at Udon Thani Café Staff Over Change Dispute

webfact

Initially, I thought this was a fairly minor matter, until I watched the video!

This jerk threw a heavy FAN at one of the staff which just barely missed her head!

This was not mentioned in the intial report, only ashtrays!

The floor-standing fan, IMO, could easily be attempted murder, and I hope they throw the book at this extremely dangerous animal.

Edited by CanadaSam
  • Agree 1

A Dutchman arguing over insignificant change? Not the least bit surprised. They are notoriously cheap people. We were three amigos back in Canada, myself a Dutch guy and a Scot. Those two used to get in the most hilarious arguments and situations over who was cheaper. It was a matter of pride! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It's just plain old assault, and it deserves maybe a year or two in prison. That might help him with an attitude adjustment. The fact of the matter is Thailand just doesn't need tourists or expats who are of the very low caliber this freak, who are like rodents lurking around underground in the sewers. 

If they ever do decide to adapt lowlife as part of the dictionary, they can have a picture of this tiny little man. 

Well, just another example of Thailand going after quantity over quality from these lowlife countries.

Throw him in the cell with the local ladyboys for a week then deport the punk.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, riverhigh said:

I despise and hate his friend. Letting the situation escalate. What a piece of S$&t. !! You don't need friends like him. Dump and shame him asap.

Do you not think his friend said this just to calm things down and pay out of his own pocket? I also would be very angry getting short changed. But, I don't throw things about unless thrown at me first.

It is said "drunken outburst" but is it?

Alcohol however reduces boundaries, thats true.

Maybe he is very principal and doesnt except stealing from him, even 130 baht. Would you?

Maybe he had a former experience in it.

Clearly he over reacts, but is depending on the person. Some people have a very short fuse, even without alcohol. I have seen phone movies about costumers in shops and jeepers the whole place was torn down for a tiny thing they didnt get.

There has been a Dutch guy, who went to court for such an amount, paying his hospital bills.

Pure based on principal way.

The one really to blame is the #$$%@#% "friend". He lets it escalate to this.

I remember a payment in a 7-11 and they gave me too less return money.

At that time , I did raise my voice sound more, the longer it took to get what they stole.

Not instantly, but on denying first of staff. I shamed them in front of other costumers.

And no, didnt had any alcohol. I didnt except stealing. Would you?!

Here such a movie, no alcohol.

Maybe would be good commercial for Snickers.

"you are not yourself when hungry, have a snickers !"

6 hours ago, riverhigh said:

I despise and hate his friend. Letting the situation escalate. What a piece of S$&t. !! You don't need friends like him. Dump and shame him asap.

Both ways, Birds of a feather flock together

6 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

He was drinking alcohol in a cafe; there lies the problem.

If I drink too much alcohol, which never happens, I am not agrressive, I am just sleepy 555

4 hours ago, mikecha said:

well maybe one day you also loose  it in a bar and do the same 

In all my years of drinking I've never resorted to throwing things around at staff. Especially something like that large floor standing fan which could've caused serious injury to that lady. He has issues, and shouldn't drink alcohol. 

Maybe you feel YOU could lose it like that, but you don't speak for me or most other ordinary blokes. 

The real jerk in this story is the so called "friend" who hid the change and put the Dutch into hot soup.

Not that I defend such bully type westerners. But on the other hand, foreigners are just fed up in getting cheated all over Thailand and plainly being seen as cash cows. The cheating against foreigners is a bad image for Thailand and for tourism.

But no excuse for these mouthy drunks and on the next incident he should be put back in a nice dutch plane and banned 5 years for disturbing the peace.

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

First, it takes a real man to drink over his limit, so he can´t talk about a problem in a calm manner. Total idiot, and such person we do NOT need in Thailand. In his own language he behave onmenselijk, which means barbaric translated from Dutch.

Over to his very funny friend, that takes the change as a joke, and refrain from telling that when the problem escalate. Very good friend. Such dumb people should be asked to take an IQ test before entry to the kingdom.

If that were the case you would likely have to deny entry to 80% of the Russians that are currently in Thailand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least that is positive.

Obviously he should not have done it.

But I guess we all misbehaved already when we had too much to drink. Showing remorse and responsibility later is a good sign.

A lot of people are pleasant drunks. I think drinking brings out someone's true nature, and when sober we're able to hide the ugliness better. So if somebody is a nasty human being, drinking makes it a lot worse.

A lot of us have had way too much to drink but we still behave ourselves and act in a decent and respectful manner. Drinking is NOT an excuse for bad behavior 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A lot of people are pleasant drunks. I think drinking brings out someone's true nature, and when sober we're able to hide the ugliness better. So if somebody is a nasty human being, drinking makes it a lot worse.

A lot of us have had way too much to drink but we still behave ourselves and act in a decent and respectful manner. Drinking is NOT an excuse for bad behavior 

Agree with you 100% 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

If that were the case you would likely have to deny entry to 80% of the Russians that are currently in Thailand. 

You might be true, but I have no problem with that. 😉 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

A lot of people are pleasant drunks. I think drinking brings out someone's true nature, and when sober we're able to hide the ugliness better.

Not true.  Alcohol lowers inhibitions, impacts rational thought and increases aggression.  Even if you were to say that alcohol only takes away inhibitions, those inhibitions are still part of someone's character.

The "a drunk tongue speaks a sober mind" is basically nonsense.  I'm not sure why some people have this obsessions with saying that someone under the influence of a drug that literally alters how a person thinks and acts is suddenly the real them.  I guess they just want to be able to point the finger at others.

It's rather like saying that when people get drunk, they fall down, so this is showing that people really want to fall down all the time, that falling down is the real them, but they manage to keep the falling down in check when they are sober.  Then, when they get drunk, the real them comes out and they start falling down.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/news/how-alcohol-impacts-our-behaviour