The age factor election: "A vote for Trump could easily be a vote for a President Vance"

Inderpland

18 hours ago, Inderpland said:

The president can essentially be fired by the vice president should he become significantly impaired

Not exactly. Removal of the POTUS by other than impeachment of Congress (House & Senate), requires a majority vote of the POTUS Cabinet and VP to do so.

As the POTUS nominates his cabinet members for confirmation by the Senate, Trump would probably want pro-Trump MAGA candidates and a very grateful VP candidate.

In fact removal of POTUS Trump early in his administration was apparently discussed among some cabinet members but as I recall, VP Pence would not agree with Trump's removal.

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

JD would be a great president.  IMHO probably more effective than Trump, and better at dealing with a hostile or very closely split Congress.  Lifting himself out of poverty to serve in the Marine Corps, graduate of Yale Law School, successful in business, bestselling author, Senator, devoted husband and father of three.  No wonder the Democrats are so scared of him. 

Trump has the most to fear.

Vance is playing a blinder.

Either way he will be running in 2028.

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

JD would be a great president.  IMHO probably more effective than Trump, and better at dealing with a hostile or very closely split Congress.  Lifting himself out of poverty to serve in the Marine Corps, graduate of Yale Law School, successful in business, bestselling author, Senator, devoted husband and father of three.  No wonder the Democrats are so scared of him. 

Not successful in business. Backed by an oligarch. A complete failure in his short career as a venture capitalist. Did nothing in the senate. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Trump has the most to fear.

Vance is playing a blinder.

Either way he will be running in 2028.

Well assuming Trump (hopefully) loses, yes he will likely run in 2028 but he will face stiff primary opposition as a LOSER, and if he loses in a landslide, it would be stupid to even run at all. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not successful in business. Backed by an oligarch. A complete failure in his short career as a venture capitalist. Did nothing in the senate. 

You sound bitter and jealous. He is the best of the 4 left in the running, no question.  Unlike his opponents, he at least had a career outside of politics. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You sound bitter and jealous. He is the best of the 4 left in the running, no question.  Unlike his opponents, he at least had a career outside of politics. 

I give him credit for the book.

Being picked to be a tool of an anti democracy oligarch is not what I would be bragging about as any kind of career to be proud of.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I give him credit for the book.

Being picked to be a tool of an anti democracy oligarch is not what I would be bragging about as any kind of career to be proud of.

Sheer jealousy. Just because you're not packing the gear to interest a giant like Peter Thiel.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Sheer jealousy. Just because you're not packing the gear to interest a giant like Peter Thiel.

Moronic comment.

I never had an interest in being a venture capitalist.

All you've got is ad hominem garbage.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Isn't it interesting how the left love JD until he got out of lockstep. Now he's Hitler, like every other Republican that's running for office. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Moronic comment.

I never had an interest in being a venture capitalist.

All you've got is ad hominem garbage.

Sure. And calling someone the "tool of an anti democratic oligarch" is what, exactly? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Isn't it interesting how the left love JD until he got out of lockstep. Now he's Hitler, like every other Republican that's running for office. 

What are you on about? 
Before he got into politics he was just a best selling author of one book. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm confused.....I thought Trump is America's Hitler.....now it's Vance????

Just now, Will B Good said:

They're both pro insurrectionist fascists. Nobody is saying they are exactly the same as Hitler even Vance when he wondered if Trump was America's Hitler. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

They're all Hitler. Reagan was Hitler, both Bushes were Hitler, now Trump and Vance are both Hitler. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They're both pro insurrectionist fascists. Nobody is saying they are exactly the same as Hitler even Vance when he wondered if Trump was America's Hitler. 

Pro insurrectionist, that's a hoot. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

They're all Hitler. Reagan was Hitler, both Bushes were Hitler, now Trump and Vance are both Hitler. 

And your hyperbole is getting to be a bit to shrill. Try easing the grip on your emotional pearls, okay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Let's go back to talking about Israel, where we can agree! 

Israel is interesting.

Israel attacked a Russian base in Syria and not a word from Moscow about red line being crossied.