Windows 10 support ends in a year . . .

BigStar

On 10/18/2024 at 10:09 PM, novacova said:

Same here, bought a Lenovo p3 with w11 and messed with it for about 45 minutes

A FULL 45 minutes? Come on, you will need longer than that to learn things about a new car, or GF!

On 10/17/2024 at 2:28 AM, Skeptic7 said:

My ol' Lenovo Win10/i7 (8th or 9th gen)/16gb/1TB gaming laptop is struggling with speed...slow bootups & updates and lagging multitasking. Rendered unusable when Windows is updating. Decided the end of last year to replace it in 2025 when Win10 support is dropped.

Still running an HDD?

10 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'm aware of some modified versions of Windows 11 to get around the unsupported hardware issue. 

What else COULD be in that modified version of Windows 11 that MAY benefit the hacker and compromise the user????

The script is about unattended installations. That issue is merely one of many and not the focus.

23 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

1729490533102.jpg.44b0875d2cd07eff8a1fa0c965fad61d.jpg

Again...the problem is that you are rocking an HDD. Get rid of it. Once you fit an SSD, you'll be upset with yourself for not doing it earlier. The HDD has been curtailing the performance of your Gaming laptop since Day 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I'm aware of some modified versions of Windows 11 to get around the unsupported hardware issue. 

What else COULD be in that modified version of Windows 11 that MAY benefit the hacker and compromise the user????

Upgraded my 2 PCs to W11 as soon as it came out, using Rufus method. All updates, and upgrades have gone perfectly. Never been hacked or unable to use any software or hardware.

I do not 4..k around with W11, let it run how Mr Gates intended.

Edited by KannikaP

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Upgraded my 2 PCs to W11 as soon as it came out, using Rufus method. All updates, and upgrades have gone perfectly. Never been hacked or unable to use any software or hardware.

I do not 4..k around with W11, let it run how Mr Gates intended.

With that display of intelligence, you should disable any ad-blockers you are utilising....

• Haha 1

Just now, NowNow said:

With that display of intelligence, you should disable any ad-blockers you are utilising....

Why disable them? Use Brave. Works for most sites.

On 10/17/2024 at 2:28 AM, Skeptic7 said:

My ol' Lenovo Win10/i7 (8th or 9th gen)/16gb/1TB gaming laptop is struggling with speed...slow bootups & updates and lagging multitasking. Rendered unusable when Windows is updating. Decided the end of last year to replace it in 2025 when Win10 support is dropped.

The good news is that your laptop accepts NVMe SSD drives, so you don't even have to remove the old and slow magnetic spinning hard disk drive(HDD)

Take a look at this video.

It demonstrates Solid State Drives. Keep in mind that the WD Blue SSD on the left would already be 3 to 5 times faster in practice than the horribly slow HDD currently in your laptop.

The NVMe SSD faster still. Your laptop accepts NVMe drives. Takes minutes to fit and enable as your boot drive.

250GB NVMe can cost as little as 1400 baht. https://shopee.co.th/product/77731722/2337841189

25 minutes ago, NowNow said:

The good news is that your laptop accepts NVMe SSD drives, so you don't even have to remove the old and slow magnetic spinning hard disk drive(HDD)

Take a look at this video.

It demonstrates Solid State Drives. Keep in mind that the WD Blue SSD on the left would already be 3 to 5 times faster in practice than the horribly slow HDD currently in your laptop.

The NVMe SSD faster still. Your laptop accepts NVMe drives. Takes minutes to fit and enable as your boot drive.

250GB NVMe can cost as little as 1400 baht. https://shopee.co.th/product/77731722/2337841189

I totally agree with you and would merely point out that the NVMe will need an OS before it will actually boot. So then @Skeptic7will have a bit more work to do, though ultimately rewarding.  

Just now, BigStar said:

I totally agree with you and would merely point out that the NVMe will need an OS before it will actually boot. So then @Skeptic7will have a bit more work to do, though ultimately rewarding.  

I deliberately didn't include that information as he might choose to clone. So instead wait for feedback going forward.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Again...the problem is that you are rocking an HDD. Get rid of it. Once you fit an SSD, you'll be upset with yourself for not doing it earlier. The HDD has been curtailing the performance of your Gaming laptop since Day 1.

Thx for the sage advice. Should have done years ago, but not now. Will just purchase a new Windows 11 laptop with 1TB SSD and dedicated graphics card next year. Not gaming nowadays, but tons of photo editing.