Short Extension of Non-O marriage visa

Hi all,

Long-time lurker here and I have a question. I have been on a Non-O marriage visa for the last 5 years. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was going to travel back to my home country for some time, and was going to come back on a different visa (Maybe elite, or dependant). However, we have a health emergency in the family and I will need to stay longer here in Thailand (probably by some weeks). 

I believe I already used my 60 day "see your wife extension" two years ago (as I didn't had the funds readily on time so used that to give myself some extra time). My question; could I extend my visa for a short time at the local immigration without leaving Thailand (Phuket). Could I get a 60 day extension, 30 day or even a 7 day extension would work.

Thank you in advance guys!

12 minutes ago, Eiboticus89 said:

My question; could I extend my visa for a short time at the local immigration without leaving Thailand (Phuket). Could I get a 60 day extension, 30 day or even a 7 day extension would work.

No. Apart for rejection of extension and be given 7 day to exit Thailand. 

You would be extending your permission of stay and as you have used your 60 day extension to visit wife then the only other option is 12 month extension. 

Since you plan to change visa options in future, you could border bounce without reentry permit and reenter visa exempt.

Or cheapest flight out/back reenter visa exempt. 

All messy.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No. Apart for rejection of extension and be given 7 day to exit Thailand. 

You would be extending your permission of stay and as you have used your 60 day extension to visit wife then the only other option is 12 month extension. 

Since you plan to change visa options in future, you could border bounce without reentry permit and reenter visa exempt.

Alright thank you. So if I understand correct. I can go to Satun/Ranong, hop outside Thailand without a re-entry, and re-enter the same day on a visa exempt? And I also read that these visa exempt are 60 days now and not 15/30 days? Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Eiboticus89 said:

Alright thank you. So if I understand correct. I can go to Satun/Ranong, hop outside Thailand without a re-entry, and re-enter the same day on a visa exempt? And I also read that these visa exempt are 60 days now and not 15/30 days? Is that correct?

Correct. Though some of the Malay borders are known for requiring you to spend the night. So you might want to use a border bounce agency if you decide to go that direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Eiboticus89 said:

Correct. 

Visa exempt entry is currently 60 days for many countries. 

Some border crossing require overnight stay. 

A border bounce agent can avoid that requirement.