Be warned about Lazada's new silly rule

CallumWK

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Even if you have paid you can refuse delivery and get a full refund.

Maybe give it a try to read the OP.

All fine and well, but of course rejection of COD orders will be noted on your profile,

Rejection of any order, COD or paid in advance, will be noted on your profile, and certain restrictions will be applied. Some restrictions that may not even be known to you, like promotions become invisible to you etc.

This was kindly explained to me by a Shopee support agent.

Lazada is now working this in the hand, because the only option is to reject delivery, because virtually no orders can be cancelled anymore once you have clicked the purchase tab, and change mind for whatever reason just seconds later.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have a 75" TV to be delivered in a day or two that I will reject because I found it 3,000 baht cheaper without the "free" soundbar that I don't want.

Of course you can reject, but why the continuous deflection from the topic at hand?

Rejection of any order, COD or paid in advance, will be noted on your profile, and certain restrictions will be applied. Some restrictions that may not even be known to you, like promotions become invisible to you etc.

1 minute ago, rocketboy2 said:

Ordered an item on the 15 oct

IT was packed.

But still could cancel on the 16 oct. ( i did that )

So no problem for me.

did you apply free shipping or any other discount?

Just now, rocketboy2 said:

No,  just a straight order.

indeed.

the op makes it clear this applies to purchases with discounts applied. The OP even highlighted the relevant passage in blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, frank83628 said:

yeah, i read it, thats why i commented. 

you basically made a mistake, tried to cancel the order which you found out you couldn't, so out of spite you're going to reject 3 other items you have no issue with and in turn piss the innocent seller around, as i said, sounds a dick move to me.
lets see if others think the same

Obviously others don't think the same, as can be seen in @JBChiangRai post. You gonna tell him also he f*cked up?

I wanted to cancel an order I made just SECONDS earlier, because I found it cheaper elsewhere, not because I made a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, madone said:

indeed.

the op makes it clear this applies to purchases with discounts applied. The OP even highlighted the relevant passage in blue.

Ok , never looked that far.

Just thought it was one more thread about bashing Lazada.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Obviously others don't think the same, as can be seen in @JBChiangRai post. You gonna tell him also he f*cked up?

I wanted to cancel an order I made just SECONDS earlier, because I found it cheaper elsewhere, not because I made a mistake.

yeah, we've all done that. but why are you going to refuse the other 3 items you ordered just because you couldn't refund 1, that is just being a dick to the seller for no reason other than being spiteful

JBchaingrai isn't the one that came onto AN bitching about Lazada.

so how much cheaper did you find the item in question? 

Edited by frank83628
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

What I'm confused about is why anyone would place an order and then carry on looking to see if you could find the item cheaper elsewhere. Wouldn't it make more sense to check around first and when you're 100% sure you've found the cheapest, then you place the order?

Because once you have placed the order there will be a pop up with "you may also like this", showing results that previously were not visible, or maybe on the twentieth page.
You surely know that Lazada's search function sucks big time.

The point is that everyone has the right to cancel an order that isn't in the system yet, for whatever reason, and Lazada now makes this impossible.

As for @rocketboy2, obviously he isn't a rocket scientist, because his order clearly shows a promotion used, so it would not be possible to cancel

Edited by CallumWK
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

What I'm confused about is why anyone would place an order and then carry on looking to see if you could find the item cheaper elsewhere. Wouldn't it make more sense to check around first and when you're 100% sure you've found the cheapest, then you place the order?

that was exactly my next comment, and due to that he now thinks he's been hard done by and is going to f the seller about!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Good heavens, a post that makes sense on this thread of people who don't seem to be very organized.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Why not accept the order, and immediately apply for a refund because it does not suit you or whatever, and they come pick it up. COD goes to your Wallet, card payment goes back to your card. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

Of course you can reject, but why the continuous deflection from the topic at hand?

I am not deflecting, I don't care that it's noted on my profile, I spend a lot with Lazada, well over 1,000 purchases and counting.  They won't cancel my account that's for sure.

1 hour ago, madone said:

Did you read the post? Op makes it clear they understand that.

I did read the post, you clearly didn't.  The OP said of you pay COD you can refuse delivery for a refund, I expanded that to say it's the same for paid orders.

56 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so you ordered a 75" TV ...  and now because you found cheaper you will not accept it ?

I presume you are talking COD ....

So after the packing, shipping, transportation and courier delivery, you will tell them you don't want it. 

I would cancel your account ...    with good reason. 

I'm not talking COD.  Well, you would probably analyse my account and figure out what it's worth to you, after doing that, you would not be canceling my account.

16 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Can anyone tell me why Lazada increases the shipping price by double once you try to place your order.

Maybe because you are in Mae Hong Son , or one of the Islands , or deepest Issan,

who knows.... ask them .

regards worgeordie

54 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

49 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

that was exactly my next comment, and due to that he now thinks he's been hard done by and is going to f the seller about!

It's well known that Lazada's search engine is rubbish.  I did search for all the same model before ordering and bought the best price displayed.

After ordering, Lazada offers you more of the same (I didn't search), and there was one more than 3,000 baht cheaper (nearer 4,000 baht to be precise).  That buys me a few nice meals out.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

No,  just a straight order.

PS this is what the bill was.

dddddd.PNG

The Bht 25 Shipping Fee Promotion will count as some sort of promotion, so, unfortunatley, their rules will apply. 

I agree it is a PITA, and will consider using only Shopee from now on. 

26 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Can anyone tell me why Lazada increases the shipping price by double once you try to place your order.

Could be you viewed the item before signing in with the default shipping price, clicked the buy button, logged in, then got the actual shipping to your locations.

Could be you ordered more than one item.

Or could be something else.

28 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

could it be your delivery location is just north of Alaska